Need some new snack ideas

Options
2»

Replies

• DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    When I worked out at camp, I was pretty limited and pretty lazy.

I'd toss some almonds in a pan and franks hot sauce, cook them til the sauce dries on, and you have spicy almonds.

I think I'd also toss a little butter in a pan with cheerios, cinnamon and sweetner, then cook that til it dried on. Not a bad snack either.

I used to religiously eat a cup of cottage cheese with cinnamon+ sweetner, and if i was feelin frisky, a few raisins and slivered almonds.

;)
  • slightner
    slightner Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Rold Gold cheddar cheese pretzels, 20 pretzels is 110 cal
    Sensible Portions Veggie Straws, 38 straws is 120 cal
  • drellbell
    drellbell Posts: 23
    Options
    [How long do these keep for? I'm wondering if I can make a bunch and then snack on them at work for a few days.
    [/quote]

they keep for a couple days, but you have to use an airtight container, I placed mine in a ziplock bag and they lost their crunch
  • turbophoenix
    Options
    These are some of my favorites:

1. A sliced apple with peanut or almond butter.
    2. Yogurt with fruit and/or granola.
    3. Baby carrots and hummus (I add some sriracha for extra kick!)
    4. Bagel thin with peanut butter.
    5. Laughing Cow cheese with whole wheat crackers.
  • Dovely2
    Dovely2 Posts: 6
    Options
    I've bought Terra Brand products. They have very low sodium (10mg) and Vitamin A of at least 25%. I really enjoy the Sweets (sweet potatoes) & Beets. Terra gives me the feeling like I'm eating potato chips when I'm not and 15 chips is 160 calories, where as my banana is 105 or my orange at 90.
  • CapsFan17
    CapsFan17 Posts: 198
    Options
    I like quaker chewy lowfat granola bars; they have a bunch of flavors for 90 cal.
  • kychica718
    Options
    -Pistachios.

-Greek yogurt (Fage is my favorite brand. I think the plain with a little sugar or Splenda is very filling and around 100 calories).

-Two *corn* tortillas (taco size) sprinkled with some shredded Mexican blend cheese and heated in the microwave for about 20-30 seconds. Fold it in half, or roll it up and dip in some salsa (looks for Herdez brand in the international aisle of your supermarket).

-Vitatops (vitalicious.com or available in frozen section of supermarkets)

-Barbara's Puffins cereals (I snack on them dry)--found in the "health food section" of the grocery store. All the flavors are good, but especially the peanut butter.

-pretzal M & M when you need chocolate :)
  • valleyofbaca
    valleyofbaca Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I eat mostly vegan and am incorporating more raw food into my diet. The snack of the moment is:

Large organic carrot (shredded)
    Grapefruit sections (1/2, skins & pith removed)
    2 Tablespoons Health Starts Here Tangarine Vinaigrette (from Whole Foods)

Shred carrot, toss grapefruit & vinaigrette.

Refreshing, light, tasty. :smile: