Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Hula Hoop

mouser79
mouser79 Posts: 68
edited September 19 in Fitness and Exercise
I just started doing the hula hoop. I did not realize it works your stomach so much! Or maybe its from me constantly bending down to pick it up since i'm not as good as when I was a kid:laugh:

Replies

• SusieSonshine
    SusieSonshine Posts: 252 Member
    LOL!!!! Could be both!
  • ReyesOnFire
    ReyesOnFire Posts: 23 Member
    Has anyone else tried this? I heard it's a great workout. Just wondering if I should invest in one...
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    there's a company that makes weighted hoops--I forgot the name of it--I was checking them out last year but didn't get one. Maybe someone else will know, or you can find it on google. it's supposed to be a good exercise.
  • curvykatie
    curvykatie Posts: 870 Member
    i keep trying to buy one but i can't find one anywhere that doesn't rattle, all the ones i look at has shaker stuff in it so it makes noise when you use it
  • ReyesOnFire
    Yeah, does anyone know of a store that carries them? Or do the plain old toy ones work just as well?
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    walmart and zellers carry the regular hoops

you can also buy weighted hoops on hoopnotica

weighted ones are actually easier to use...thus not working you out as much. this is just from my understanding, it is just cause they are easier to keep up.
  • lettuceb
    lettuceb Posts: 207 Member
    This is one of the exercises on the Wii Fit. My 3yo started doing it on there and can now hula hoop with a real hula hoop, it is quite funny because he barely moves and can keep it going and going. Of course, I can't do it to save my life!:sad:
  • ReyesOnFire
    I was just browsing the web and found this info on hula hooping if anyone is interested. It's short and to the point.
    http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/weighted-hula-hoops/AN01638
    I am still interested if anyone has done this to slim their waists?
  • StVal
    StVal Posts: 91
    The hula hoop is a super cheap, yet awesome work out. I've also read that going to the batting cages does wonders for your tummy and love handles, also. I've done it before and OMG, the next day I was in so much pain, especially when I laughed. But it was a good pain and well worth it.
This discussion has been closed.