No more baggy jeans

Options
I wanted to wait until I was close to my goal weight before I bought new clothes. But I broke down and bought some new jeans this weekend. My wife couldn't handle the sagging jeans any longer and I couldn't cinch my belt up far enough anymore. My new jeans are 8 inches smaller on the waist than the ones I had been wearing. I guess that when I reach my goal in 45 more pounds, I'll buy more new clothes. There are worse problems to have, I guess.

Replies

• 5Btieden
    5Btieden Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Awesome! And what an amazing feeling for you to see how MUCH you have lost when it comes to clothes! Great job!!
  • fatfiske
    fatfiske Posts: 33
    Options
    Haha, a wonderful problem to have! :laugh: :laugh: I'm starting to have some of those problems myself. Luckily, I've held onto some clothes that I wore when I was smaller, but I'm starting to shrink through those as well! Keep up the good work!
  • NICOLED73
    NICOLED73 Posts: 183
    Options
    I work in a business casual environment. (Healthcare)
    I've had to rebuy clothes 3 times now. I'm going broke!
    But there are worse things. Like being overweight and unhealthy!
    Congrats!
  • davepat46
    davepat46 Posts: 14
    Options
    well done:glasses: ,just been there.feels great doesnt it.
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    WooHoo, good for you! I can't wait...I want to buy smaller Jeans!
  • clffrdmyfld
    Options
    awesome! its great to hear success stories!
  • ELee0517
    ELee0517 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    That's an awesome "problem" to have. Great job!
  • pwmccall
    pwmccall Posts: 11
    Options
    Thanks, everyone. It' was exciting when I realized I hadn't worn jeans this small in over ten years.
  • tripitena
    tripitena Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Good for you pwmccall. It's a great feeling to buy smaller sizes isn't it? There is something kinda nice about wearing a baggy pair of jean that you once had to squeeze in to also :wink:
    I bet your wife is excited too!
  • Slice1
    Slice1 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Must be a really good feeling.
  • terewilliams
    terewilliams Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    My wife couldn't handle the sagging jeans any longer and I couldn't cinch my belt up far enough anymore. My new jeans are 8 inches smaller on the waist than the ones I had been wearing. I guess that when I reach my goal in 45 more pounds, I'll buy more new clothes. There are worse problems to have, I guess.

I walked in the door from work the other day and my SO very politely asked me to go into the kitchen. He followed me in there and then asked me to stand beside the trash can. He then asked me to take off my pants :blushing: and to put them in the trash. Like you, I said I can't afford to keep buying clothes. He then showed me that the crotch of my baggy pants was somewhere mid-thigh and advised me that I was embarrassing the entire household because he thought we surely could afford to purchase a couple of inexpensive - plan to throw away for being too big later - pair of pants for me to wear to work! :laugh:
  • esphixiet
    esphixiet Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I love how casual you are about possibly losing your pants in public :) At least you have a wife that cares!! Great work! 8 inches is an awesome achievement!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!