Anybody using a BodyBugg?

Options
Would love to have some friends who also use the Bug. :) Hit me up if you do. :)

Replies

• NicolePorter76
    NicolePorter76 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have been looking at them and also at the bit fit. What do you like most about it?
  • Sugoiharris
    Sugoiharris Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I have a bodybugg, I don't really like it though. I did really good without it when I started and thought it would help me to know exactly how many calories I'm burning but that actually hurt me in the long run. I'm the kind of person however, that can just stick to rough estimates cause I'll always guess low and push myself more, so when I found out exactly how many calories I was burning I stopped pushing myself as much. Also, they encourage you to use their logging system for food which isn't as good or as easy to use as MFP. Now I just use it when I do an intense workout that isn't in a gym and as structure (not as easy to figure out calories burned) and don't use it for anything else. In the end it was kind of a waste of money for me.

If you are the kind of person that won't push yourself hard to overcompensate it might be good for you because it will help you set goals and keep track of it very closely.
  • ladyfingers39
    Options
    I love it. Easy to use and it pushes me. I love seeing the chart and how much I worked out at one time. I don't know much about the fitbit.

Where are all the bodybugg users? There has to be some out there! :) Who like it, that is. haha
  • ladyfingers39
    Options
    bumping!
  • merrylea
    merrylea Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I love mine. I use it just for the calorie expenditure, and track my calories eaten here. First week using the bug, I lost 3.2 lbs!!!
  • rbahola12
    rbahola12 Posts: 13
    Options
    I am addicted to the bodybugg. I wear it everyday all day. I am afraid it I don't I will miss out on calories burnt!! LOL Then I use MFP for in putting food. Then just add the calories to the calories consumed on the Bodybugg.

How do you use it?
  • wmchick81
    wmchick81 Posts: 273
    Options
    Just got it yesterday!! Could use some pointers and friends who are using it. How do you add the calories consumed without entering all the food in that terrible meal entry place?? They don't even have half the things I ate today.
  • kissy28wv
    kissy28wv Posts: 74
    Options
    Received mine today!
  • Chrissey5969
    Chrissey5969 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I got mine a few months ago..i did ok with it at first but I honestly had better luck tracking on MFP...I would love to merge the two...does anyone track with both?? if so, how do you do it?
  • Chrissey5969
    Chrissey5969 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    where do you add in the calories? Is there somewhere on the BB site to simply add in a calorie total without having to break them down??
  • shadena32
    Options
    I am addicted to the bodybugg. I wear it everyday all day. I am afraid it I don't I will miss out on calories burnt!! LOL Then I use MFP for in putting food. Then just add the calories to the calories consumed on the Bodybugg.

How do you use it?

I use mine the same way! I really hate there food log so i also use MFP. I really like being able to see my calories burnt (i have the display watch too) if i have not met my goal buy the end of the night (and im close to it) i will get up an march or jog in place. Really keeps me motivated to move!
  • shadena32
    Options
    Just got it yesterday!! Could use some pointers and friends who are using it. How do you add the calories consumed without entering all the food in that terrible meal entry place?? They don't even have half the things I ate today.

This is after you enter food - When you log in on the main screen go to the bottom where the graphs are and click on the nutrition tab. There all your meals are listed and you have the option to add new foods or edit what you already logged.

I hope that helps.
  • Jshaw6000
    Jshaw6000 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    where do you add in the calories? Is there somewhere on the BB site to simply add in a calorie total without having to break them down??

This is the same thing I was wondering. I really don't want to use BodyBugg's food tracker as it isn't even on the same level as MFP in terms of the sheer size of the database. I just got mine 2 days ago but the lack of this seemingly simple feature is persuading me to return it.