are you suppost to eat back your exerices calories?

Options
jafy23
jafy23 Posts: 59 Member
just wondering everyone was saying i was eating to little that is why i wasn't losing weigt now i am losing and eating more, wondering am i suppost to eat back exerices calories because i never to. i want to lose the weight so i didnt want to eat back all the hard work i did. so am i suppost to or no?

Replies

• applekoko19
    applekoko19 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I think you'll just have to try it and see what works for you. :)
  • runningfromzombies
    runningfromzombies Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Yes.
  • Lukazetta
    Lukazetta Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    just wondering everyone was saying i was eating to little that is why i wasn't losing weigt now i am losing and eating more, wondering am i suppost to eat back exerices calories because i never to. i want to lose the weight so i didnt want to eat back all the hard work i did. so am i suppost to or no?

Yes, eat back your calories accordingly. You may need more macros in your diet if you are doing weight training/long distance running to fully recover.
  • drmryder
    drmryder Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Yes you should eat back your exercise calories. The base rate that is listed on here is just the calories that you need to live and breathe. So say that your base rate is 1200 calories and your exercise calories are 400. If you eat only the 1200 calories, you are really only giving your body back 800 calories that it needs to live since 400 were burned from exercising. Your body will start to think that it needs to click into survival mode and you will stop losing weight and also feel tired faster.
  • vtate75
    vtate75 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    There are lots of threads on this, and the opinions differ wildly! I don't eat all of mine back. I eat some, but not all.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i dont. i increased my calories a bit over what mfp suggested and ignore the exercise calories. ive been losing about 2# a week so i think i have the right combo.

the problem with eating back your exercise calories is that you have to be 100% certain of how many calories that you burned.