Triathlon Training

Options
Hey Everyone. :flowerforyou: Just wondering if anyone wanted to start a triathlon training group? I did a sprint triathlon several years ago and loved it! Now that I am no longer swimming / running competitively (HS / College) I have ‘let myself go’ … and I think that training for something would really help keep me motivated as I am a competitive person by nature and once I sign up for it I won’t want to back down… So just wondering if anyone else would be interested in starting a support / training group with me… all levels could be included from people interested in sprint races to ironman type events… either way it is a commitment and I hope to find others on this site that want to work towards this type of goal… Trust me it is a LONG TERM goal for me as I have fallen completely out of shape…:grumble: :laugh: my goal is to do a sprint triathlon in a year: Summer 2010, and work my way all the way up to the ironman (this may be a long shot, but hey why not go for the gold). Let me know if you are interested!!!!

Here is a site you can use to locate local events: http://www.trimapper.com/index.htm

Replies

• VardaElentari
    Options
    I would love to train for a triathlon! I've never been fit though, so this whole exercise thing is new to me. I'm learning how to listen to my body and trying to push myself without getting injured. I would like to have a goal like this to help keep me motivated. It will be fun!
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I love tri's!! I did a sprint in June and my first Olympic distance on July 18th!! I was mainly a runner until a couple yrs ago when I started biking and then swimming. :laugh:

It's so fun, let me know if you have any training questions! :flowerforyou:
  • nickiebb
    nickiebb Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'd like to join a group like this. I used to do sprint triathlons (about ten years ago) before I broke my kneecap. Then life got busy, yatta yatta. I love swimming (former swimmer), but really dislike running. Okay at biking. So, a thread like this would be a great motivation! Count me in. :happy:
    Nickie
  • almond13
    almond13 Posts: 77
    Options
    Great! How do you guys want to go about this...? It seems like we are all at different fitness levels / have different goals... but that certainly doesn't mean we can't keep each other motivated!!! Running is probably my weak area (although I ran cross country for 5 years)... so I am going to ease into this ... run three days a week... while the weather is still nice... and then add in more swimming and biking... along with strength training... and a good diet. :drinker: so let me know how you ladies would like to structure this group so it can be as helpful and motivational as possible!!!! :bigsmile:
  • tjones76
    Options
    I would love to get in on this group! I did my first sprint tri a few weeks ago and have my second coming up this Sunday. I am always looking for new motivation and training tips.