no changes in forever! Actually going backwards??

Options
j99li
j99li Posts: 421 Member
Hi everyone! I weighed in this morning at 194! I haven't been that high in forever! Can you guys look through my diary and see what I can improve on because I've been stalled at 190 for god knows how long now :(

I just do c25k mon wed and fri

Replies

• abbie017
    abbie017 Posts: 410
    Options
    I glanced at your diary, and have a few thoughts:

(1) You are consistently way over on carbs, and way under on protein. You should aim to hit those macros, and being over on protein is okay, but I would limit your carbs a little better.

(2) You seem to eat fast food, a lot. That food is jam packed with sodium, which is going to make you retain water. Try cooking your meals in advance and having them portioned out so they're ready on-the-go or with minimal preparation.

(3) Strength training. From everything I've read, the best way to burn fat is through a combination of cardio and strength training. At some weight into your workouts!

(4) Water, water, water. Flush out the excess sodium with tons and tons of water every day.
  • Psufilmgirl
    Psufilmgirl Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I'd say similar things to abbie.

First-you're not eating enough if you are burning that may calories. There's a forum on here for women who eat to lose, you should check it out.

Second-Way too many carbs. Not enough protein. You should be eating more than double the protein you are eating now. And eat less processed, more fresh stuff. I know alot of us are on a time crunch-I'm in grad school and I work-so it is entirely possible to cook and eat healthier.

Third-Don't know if you've heard this-but weight loss is something like 80% diet and 20% exercise. So don't kill yourself exercising until you can get eating well under control-that's the most important thing, even my trainer told me that.

Feel free to friend me for some support. You can do this!!!