Verizon phones! Droid 3?

Options
wittlelacey
wittlelacey Posts: 412 Member
As it has come to my attention that my upgrade for a new phone as of three months ago was kept a secret from my attention by my mother, I'm finally able to trade in my beat up LG EnV Touch for a new phone! I definitely have my eye on the Droid 3, but if you have this phone I want to know your input! If you have other phones by Verizon, what are they and do you like them? *I know 99% of you have the iPhone, so it would be in all our best interest to put that suggestion to rest ;) Thank you!

Most important question: For the Droid 3 (or other phone you mentioned), is there an extra monthly fee for having the internet on it? The whole reason I'm not allowed to get the iPhone is because of the monthly $30.00 fee that I would be responsible for. So that's a no-go.

Thanks again! :)

Replies

• wittlelacey
    wittlelacey Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Anyone? (:
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    As it has come to my attention that my upgrade for a new phone as of three months ago was kept a secret from my attention by my mother, I'm finally able to trade in my beat up LG EnV Touch for a new phone! I definitely have my eye on the Droid 3, but if you have this phone I want to know your input! If you have other phones by Verizon, what are they and do you like them? *I know 99% of you have the iPhone, so it would be in all our best interest to put that suggestion to rest ;) Thank you!

Most important question: For the Droid 3 (or other phone you mentioned), is there an extra monthly fee for having the internet on it? The whole reason I'm not allowed to get the iPhone is because of the monthly $30.00 fee that I would be responsible for. So that's a no-go.

Thanks again! :)
    Yes the Droid 3 requires a data connection.
  • meeulk
    meeulk Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I have a Droid 3 and like it... but I would go with Droid Razr if you are upgrading to a Droid. All smartphone (iphone, droid, etc.) that include email and internet have the additional $30 monthly fee.
  • Momma1213
    Momma1213 Posts: 56
    Options
    I have a Droid Razr and LOVE it. Yes it requires a monthly data pkg. I pay $30 for 4GB. Since I use a lot of WiFi I could get a 2GB and still be ok.
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    razr has the gorilla glass, which is nice. but otherwise is the same as the bionic, which I have.
  • _binary_jester_
    Options
    razr has the gorilla glass, which is nice. but otherwise is the same as the bionic, which I have.
    Razr has a front facing camera and a 1.2GHz dual-core processor. Bionic is onlt 1.0GHz. Also the Razr is much thinner.
  • zombiesama
    zombiesama Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I have the RAZR and it requires a data package. battery life on it is not the greatest, other than that i love it.
  • Grlnxtdr0721
    Grlnxtdr0721 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I have the iphone...However, I have friends who have tried the droid 3 and returned it to get the iphone. completely up to you. but, i don't think you can go wrong with apple :)
  • Dilfster
    Dilfster Posts: 434
    Options
    i had a droid x and hated it. but some people LOVE droids.
  • dwightdegroff
    dwightdegroff Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I picked up the Droid Razr Maxx(which is the same as the Razr but with a bigger battery).

The battery life is INSANELY AWESOME (better than anything out there right now). All of the androids are going to require a data plan, though they offer different plans now based on how much bandwidth usage you are allowed. I think the cheapest is $15ish/mo. but you only get about 200MB for that price.
  • _binary_jester_
    Options
    I have the iphone...However, I have friends who have tried the droid 3 and returned it to get the iphone. completely up to you. but, i don't think you can go wrong with apple :)
    A iPhone fanboy shows up. Surprising.
  • jdennis719
    jdennis719 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Yes, my daughter has the Droid 3 but she hates it. There are still some glitches with it I think. Regardless, it does require a data plan as do most 'smart' phones. I have an older Droid Incredible and love it with no problems. Still requires the data plan. There are very few of the new phones -- at least that I am aware of anyway -- that wont require the data plan and fee that goes with it. We are with verizon too. Maybe someone else knows of them, but I dont.
  • stormyous
    stormyous Posts: 157
    Options
    I just have the Samsung Intensity 2.
  • _binary_jester_
    Options
    If you have held out this long, end of the year quad-core processors should be making their appearance.
  • Lorrie_73
    Lorrie_73 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I have the Droid 2. And yes, all smartphones require a data plan of $30 a month. My next upgrade will be to the RAZR. My problem with my phone is the touch screen goes haywire and I have to take the battery out to reboot it.
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    Razr has a front facing camera and a 1.2GHz dual-core processor. Bionic is onlt 1.0GHz. Also the Razr is much thinner.

the bionic has the front camera, also. and I didn't actually play with the razr, but the bionic is pretty thin, really. like the big screen and the upgrade. I never used the slide-out keypad anyway.
  • Bookers23
    Bookers23 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    The droid is a huge battery hog, hate that it does not last even close to a day with minimal use. That is no game playing, just Ocasional email and this app. I also had to replace it a few times as the glass quality is beyond poor, it literally just falls out of phone. This was a problem with several friends as well so not to happy with the design. I have also seen a lot of problems With the thunderbolt and other various htc phones. I just jumped ship to sprint, the customer service is far better than Verizon and the plans are saving me a ton of money. I don't really have a good suggestion, I baby my phones and get a new one every year and have yet to find one I really like. My favorite phone of all time is still the palm treo of years ago. Good luck!
  • _binary_jester_
    Options

the bionic has the front camera, also. and I didn't actually play with the razr, but the bionic is pretty thin, really. like the big screen and the upgrade. I never used the slide-out keypad anyway.
    I didn't think the Bionic did. I have the droid x because I didn't want the slide-out keyboard.
  • Minnie_Moo
    Minnie_Moo Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I had the first Droid X and had so many problems with it :angry: so now that I was able to upgrade, I got the iPhone 4S.
  • magichatter06
    magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    I wish that Verizon would come out with better (cheaper) plans. I am elgible for an upgraded phone and I am just not wanting to pay over $100 a month for cell phone service... so I feel ya! :ohwell: