Weirdest question or comment you received about your weight

Options
Now that you've lost some of the baggage. I'm sure you've received some comments and questions from friends. What's the weirdest so far?

About 3 people asked me already -- "What pills are you taking?" Lol....

Replies

• binky610
    binky610 Posts: 17
    Options
    Is the weight loss intential or are you sick or something?
  • cabaray
    cabaray Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    Just this morning...the guy from the vending company asked me if I had gastric bypass. He was shocked when I told him I'm doing it the old-fashioned way!
  • jojopel
    jojopel Posts: 348 Member
    Options

This isn't necessarily weird or rude. A friend of mine, who is a nurse, didn't know I was losing weight and asked me this question. In her case, she was making sure I was fine.
  • a5sk1ck
    a5sk1ck Posts: 21
    Options
    bump!
  • stephstar15
    stephstar15 Posts: 125
    Options
    I had a great comment to other day. Instead of this individual saying "You lost weight!", they said "You are changing your shape!" Love the comment and will use it in the future:)
  • maddiedog22
    maddiedog22 Posts: 116
    Options
    My older sister told me that my eyes and mouth are too big for my face now, :(
  • Minnie92x
    Minnie92x Posts: 107
    Options
    ' Does this mean your boobs are going to deflate?!'
  • ojell
    ojell Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    ' Does this mean your boobs are going to deflate?!'

Are you sh!ttin me? Wow! lol Well, I gotta say my BUTT deflated! LOL so...I guess maybe it's a legit question! Just kiddng. I wish I had some boobs TO deflate. I need to buy me a pair. argh.
  • Mallory0418
    Mallory0418 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    I ran into a guy who picked on me in high school (6 years ago for me) at his place of work and said "Hi! How have you been?" he pretty much ignored me and rang up my stuff so I shut up. Than he finally looked up at me and said "Mallory?! Wow, you look better!"

Yeah, thanks...:indifferent:
  • Elen_Sia
    Elen_Sia Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Two hours ago my manager walked up to me and said, "Hey, little one -- need any help over here?" I had to laugh because she's only an inch taller than me.
  • daeljo
    daeljo Posts: 38
    Options
    My mom mentioned that my boobs are smaller. Bahaha not really the place that I wanted the weight loss to be noticed.
  • baluroses
    baluroses Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Business Strategic plannings manager who for 6 years I saw on a weekly basis finally looked at me one day and said, "Have you lost a few pounds or something? You look a little different?" I had by then over the previous two years lost 150lbs.....I thought it was rather odd that it took him two years to notice especially considering that he thought he was one of the people who noticed EVERYTHING... I mean really...150lbs doesn't just go away one day. =D~
  • kekl
    kekl Posts: 382 Member
    Options

This isn't necessarily weird or rude. A friend of mine, who is a nurse, didn't know I was losing weight and asked me this question. In her case, she was making sure I was fine.

I agree, this isn't weird - I would rather people ask this. I have an aunt (who was already quite slender) lost a bunch of weight this year because her health is deteriorating and when we went to a family gathering everyone was congratulating her on how 'skinny' she was. It made me so mad. :explode: Yeah, she is skinny now - underweight, infact and it's because she's sick.
  • DLDzioba
    DLDzioba Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    "How much have you lost?"/"Oh it looks like you lost a LOT more." I think this one bothers me more than it should. But, I am fighting the scale and the mirror. I've been in a plateau for about three weeks now and my scale hasn't moved and I personally cannot see the weight loss when I look at myself.

"Is that the first (insert sweet thing here) you've had since you've been on your diet?" I get this one a lot because I am a firm believer in NEVER cutting something out completely. If I am going to have something, like an unexpected cupcake, I just make sure to be better on the remaining food for the day.

"Why are you drinking water/diet whatever?"/"Why do you want to lose weight?" O.o I'm more than 100 pounds over weight, I want to lose it because it's not healthy.

"Why are you still eating (insert food here)?" Because I am not a fan of denying myself. I fulfill cravings but I don't gorge myself anymore. Because of that I no longer feel sick after meals.

I do get a lot of 'What are you doing' and people suddenly getting less interested when I say that it's mostly counting calories and exercising. I am on an appetite suppressant (which I forget to take O.o) and HCG shots but I have not noticed a marked increase in weight loss since being put on them. I have noticed the pills make me notice when I am full. I always have trouble with that and eating when I'm bored.