I feel I may be losing weight too fast?

Options
I've lost 35 pounds since January 24th. I've been following the myfitnesspal recommended caloric intake (I go about 200 below it so I eat around 1600-1700 calories per day) and I feel like I might be losing too fast.

Replies

• 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    I'm going to love to see where this post goes. :laugh:
  • reaolliemama
    reaolliemama Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    depends on how much you have to lose!
  • sofitheteacup
    sofitheteacup Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    That does sound fast... but your profile is blank and your diary is not available, so you didn't really give any info for us to know how to help you. Depending on how much weight you have to lose, it may be a fine pace for you, for example. There are different factors that could contribute. Please provide more information.
  • MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    depends.
    if you're morbidly obese, you can lose weight fast.
    if you're close to your goal weight.... you cant.

if you're in the range 90% of people are.. theres the 2lb a month max limit theory.

etc
  • Julzanne72
    Julzanne72 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Guess it depends on where you started at, how you are eating, lots of factors. If you are being healthy about your body will dictate how fast you lose the weight an the closer you get to your goal, you loss may slow down.
  • BonMetz
    BonMetz Posts: 102
    Options
    Depends on how much you need to lose....if you have a large amount to lose then 35 might not be bad.
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,798 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ladyfox1979
    ladyfox1979 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    What the hell man! I would love to lose that kind of weight that quick. but personally i don't think that can be healthy. I am no health expert but i think it depends on how much you weigh. Could be possibly water weight. What are you doing to lose that much weight so quickly?
  • SimonIsChanging
    SimonIsChanging Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    bump. :)
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    how big were you when you started?? the more you have to lose the faster you'll lose - IN THE BEGINNING..... I lost fast at first, but now it's slow... haha.

sw 303.4 (1/1/11)
    cw 196.4 (107lbs down)
    gw 160
  • HolyHibachi
    HolyHibachi Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    What the hell man! I would love to lose that kind of weight that quick. but personally i don't think that can be healthy. I am no health expert but i think it depends on how much you weigh. Could be possibly water weight. What are you doing to lose that much weight so quickly?
    I eat 1700 calories per day and do not sugar. That's it.
  • Claire594
    Claire594 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Hey there. Don't knock it. You're doing fab. If you're sticking to the cals mfp had set you and eating at least 1200 a day I wouldn't worry. You don't say how much u want to lose in total but I found being bigger means you'll lose it faster at the start. I've lost 26 lbs in 9 weeks and I'm over the moon.

Well done so far.
  • HolyHibachi
    HolyHibachi Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    how big were you when you started?? the more you have to lose the faster you'll lose - IN THE BEGINNING..... I lost fast at first, but now it's slow... haha.

sw 303.4 (1/1/11)
    cw 196.4 (107lbs down)
    gw 160
    I started at 235 and I'm down to 200. My goal weight WAS like 200 but I've re-adjusted it to like 175 now...
  • fj211
    fj211 Posts: 95
    Options
    It was like that with me at first and now it's much, much harder. Roll with it and enjoy it.
  • Pebbles536
    Pebbles536 Posts: 199
    Options
    I say be happy and just keep going. I would love to have lost that much already.