Sugar cravings

Options
Hi gang -

I'm getting rolling on the exercise but I am a sugar junkie!! What do you all use to curb your craving without diving head first into a bag of chocolate chips?? :frown: Any suggestions are most welcome!

Replies

• l_daniel
    l_daniel Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    fruit and cool whip...yum!
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    read this recently, it may help!

Problem #5: Bingeing and craving

Cause: Overly strict, prohibitive diets, skipping meals and snacking on sweet and/or fatty snacks. Drinking too many caffeinated or alcoholic beverages also may aggravate food cravings.

Solution: Eat a balanced diet. Curb your sweet tooth with naturally sweet snacks like fresh fruit. To avoid feeling deprived, enjoy small portions of favorite treats a few times a week. Don't drink more than three cups of coffee or one alcoholic beverage a day.

Best foods to eat: Dried cranberries, almonds and fresh berries stirred into nonfat yogurt; sliced mango and papaya drizzled with fresh lime juice; prunes stuffed with almonds; strawberries or dried apricot halves dipped in fat-free chocolate syrup; fruit yogurt sprinkled with chopped kiwi; fruit spritzer (equal parts seltzer water and fruit juice with a twist of lemon or lime).
  • Bratsche
    Bratsche Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    ooh...some good helps already...thank you thank you...keep it coming !!
  • Bella151
    Bella151 Posts: 123
    Options
    When I have a sweet craving I chew fruity sugarfree gum. It keeps my mouth occupied, tastes yummy, and at only 5 calories per stick, it won't put a damper on your caloric intake.
  • kellygirl5538
    kellygirl5538 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I eat sugar free jello cho pudding
  • belldandy1
    belldandy1 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I am with you sister. I had the worst sugar cravings, but I have been pretty successful at keeping my (simple) sugar intake at a minimum. Ofcourse fruit blueberries and cherries are my favorite. But as a sweet junkies we both know that fruit doesn't cut it (especially during that time of the month). In those instances i recommend Skinny Cow. Skinny dippers only have 80 calories and they are creamy and delicious. I try not to eat them too often because they are probably bad in other ways, but they are a great indulgence every once in a while that won't break your calorie bank.