• degilbe69
    degilbe69 Posts: 27
    Options
    :-) Wiggle for the Doughnut!!

lol.....
  • gooseafur
    gooseafur Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Healthy??!!! They look wonderful...Chocolate.....doughnuts...hmmmmm!!
  • kenlad64
    kenlad64 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Going to check these out later THANKS!
  • 10acity
    10acity Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Heat denatures protein...I don't understand why I see all these recipes for cooking and baking with protein powder.

I have the (incredibly handy) good fortune of being great friends with a Food Scientist. Here is some info directly from her on baking with protein powder:

"Yes, heat denatures protein, but that doesn’t mean it isn’t nutritionally good for you. Denature just means unfolding. Heat unfolds the protein molecules. Denatured proteins is what makes an egg look cooked. Undenatured egg protein is clear and slimy. Denatured egg protein is opaque and yummy. Cook away with your protein powder."
  • lk27
    lk27 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    bump
  • MarCarCas
    MarCarCas Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • Specialkayrina
    Specialkayrina Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    bump
  • pauljsolie
    pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    HUGE BUMP
  • lacystucky
    Options
    these look WONDERFUL!!!
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    bump!!
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options

I have the (incredibly handy) good fortune of being great friends with a Food Scientist. Here is some info directly from her on baking with protein powder:

"Yes, heat denatures protein, but that doesn’t mean it isn’t nutritionally good for you. Denature just means unfolding. Heat unfolds the protein molecules. Denatured proteins is what makes an egg look cooked. Undenatured egg protein is clear and slimy. Denatured egg protein is opaque and yummy. Cook away with your protein powder."

Well I've asked countless nutritional experts as well as my metabolic geneticist (chief of genetics), and they all have told me the same thing...once you heat protein it loses its nutritional benefits.
  • lishwish
    lishwish Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Curvy1taliana
    Curvy1taliana Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    those look like the donuts from the Holey Donuts site.........
  • 10acity
    10acity Posts: 798 Member
    Options

Well I've asked countless nutritional experts as well as my metabolic geneticist (chief of genetics), and they all have told me the same thing...once you heat protein it loses its nutritional benefits.

Countless! haha, okay. Guess I better start eating my chicken raw!
  • agthorn
    agthorn Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options

So you eat your steak and chicken and eggs raw? :huh: And you know what else denatures protein? Acid. Like, in your stomach. Guess we better start mainlining our whey shakes...

These look delicious.
  • lady_in_weighting
    lady_in_weighting Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    :noway: look too good to be true! :heart:
  • twiglips
    twiglips Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    wow...bump!