PMS

Options
I really need some suggestions for what I can do to curb your appetitie during PMS. I am hungry 100% of the day for the 5 days before I get my cycle. Help!!!

Replies

• bigredhearts
    Options
    it may be a good idea to up your cals to maintenance for the week. it wont derail your progress and you can mentally relax. its a win win. :flowerforyou:

info in this thread may be helpful to you

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/246100-tom-experiment-preliminary-results?error_user_id=7159321&error_username=♥big♥red♥&hl=TOM+maintenance
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    eat the souls and pride of every man around you. it seems to work for others, and it's is a low calorie solution.
  • deniseearheart
    deniseearheart Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Meeee toooo and it sucks.... Sunflower seeds... they have many flavors and u can eat quite a few of them... high sodium but not so bad in calories
  • kantone999
    kantone999 Posts: 174
    Options
    Try increasing complex carbs. Research shows that carbs are the preferred food but don't gobble junk carbs. Try oatmeal with fresh fruit for breakfast, sandwiches on whole grain bread at lunch and brown rice pasta dishes for dinner. If you watch portion sizes you'll be ok.
  • sexyrosey
    sexyrosey Posts: 137
    Options
    Someone posted that eating meat helps that your body wants iron and that is why we run to the chocolate.
  • girlontheseesaw
    Options
    Your metabolism rises a bit, so let yourself eat a little more. Better happy than miserable. Oats are good.
  • ADM1979
    ADM1979 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    eat the souls and pride of every man around you. it seems to work for others, and it's is a low calorie solution.

Best solution ever!
  • asia_hanebach
    asia_hanebach Posts: 275 Member
    Options

ahahaha! i love this!
  • katherinemm31
    Options
    :laugh:
  • dandelion39
    dandelion39 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Souls and pride, huh? Hiiiilllarious...

I just try to eat low-cal things like baby carrots, cut up veggies--things that require a lot of chewing and feel like you're eating something substantial, you know? It's a rough several days, for sure. Oh, also, chocolate protein shakes help with chocolate cravings AND make you feel full.
  • mshockey23
    Options
    Thanks all. I'm starting to think maybe I should have waited until next week to start this!!!