Girl, 20, on a mission to lost 50 - 60 lbs in 6 months. Who'

Options
Mission outline:
Current weight: 196lbs
Desired weight: 140 lbs
To Lose: 56lbs
To Lose by: Early September 2012

I've always tried to lose weight in the past but never committed enough of my time or effort to actually see it through. Now I am more determined than ever, and I know this isn't just another "try." I'm going to do it this time. My plan is to run 1 mile everyday, gradually increasing it as the weeks go by and to do some strength training, walking and dancing whenever I can. I've put a lot of stuff on the back burner to commit myself to losing weight and this time, I've told people that I'm going to do it so I can't turn back.

Also, I'm registering to do a 5k run in July so now I have to lose weight and get fit to survive that!

I don't get much support at home, most of my family think I'm going to get lazy again and not see this mission through so I need some supporters on here who will believe in me, give me tips and motivate me. I will do the same for you!

Who wants to join me on this mission?

Replies

• rugbyphreak
    rugbyphreak Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I still need to lose another 40 pounds!
  • Mira710
    Mira710 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I'm looking to lose 40 pounds. Let's do it!
  • beccci91
    beccci91 Posts: 214
    Options
    we are exactly the same! I have now lost 10lbs since the 20th January, so I'll join you :)
  • Struggling4abetterme
    Struggling4abetterme Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Please feel free to add me...I'll be very happy to lose 50 lbs. Let's do it.!
  • shadowkitty22
    shadowkitty22 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Well first and foremost, congratulations of making a decision to finally once and for all get to a healthier version of you. I too finally got fed up at the beginning of this year and decided that in order to be a better me I had to work at it.

If you're like me and you weren't incredibly physically active before deciding to start your weight loss journey then I would recommend working your way up to the running of 1 mile a day. It's not as easy as it looks. You'll need to build up your endurance and strength in order to accomplish a mile straight of running. I would say go with a Couch to 5K program that will help you to slowly build up your run to walk ratio until you're eventually just running a 5k. My friend and I started it a little over a month ago and while I'm stuck in week 4 (run 3/5 min runs with 1.5/2.5 min of walking in between) because my knees have started acting up and I'm just not physically ready to move on, she has completed week 5 with a 20 minute straight run!

But if you're really honestly truly ready to lose this weight and get into better shape then it's entirely possible. Just make sure to eat healthier options, proper portion sizes (buy a food scale if you have to), log everything so you have complete honesty with yourself and get more active.

Best of luck to you on your mission. :)
  • SamosaurusRex
    Options
    Thank you for that. Will definitely check out the Couch to 5K running plan.

Best of luck with your mission too!!
  • SamosaurusRex
    Options
    we are exactly the same! I have now lost 10lbs since the 20th January, so I'll join you :)

Sounds like a plan!
  • HealthierHappierBrenda
    Options
    I'm on the same mission; I'll join you too!!!
  • SamosaurusRex
    Options
    I'm on the same mission; I'll join you too!!!

Awesome! Good luck everyone!

Feel free to share any tips!
  • Darrknys
    Darrknys Posts: 91
    Options
    ditto
    Count me in!
  • Pihjin
    Pihjin Posts: 63
    Options
    Super good luck on your mission goal - we'll be here supporting you every step of every run - you CAN do it!
    I mean... of course you can! Why not? - You have willpower, drive, and a body that will do what you want if you push yourself.

You'll be running in no time and for those difficult days just turn to us for a boost!
  • kate_mariebug
    Options
    I'll support you :) I'm also on my 1,00000 attempt at weight loss. we can do this! feel free to add :smile:
  • xoSundaydrive
    Options
    I have a good 68 more lbs or so to lose, so I can try my hardest to be right there with you!
  • CollegeGirl19
    Options
    This was my exact mission. I started at 19 years old, 196 lbs, trying to get to 140-145 or wherever most comfortable. Add me if you feel so inclined! We're like weight loss twins at this point.
  • ana_mae
    ana_mae Posts: 1
    Options
    I've got 20 pounds to go so I'll join you on this quest!
  • brittigno
    brittigno Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Our goals are the same. :)
    And I recommend the C25K plan to help you start running. It's been a major help for me.
  • jike1017
    jike1017 Posts: 21
    Options
    im in..im looking to get down to the 150's roughly before my fiance's older brothers wedding...so i think if we all band together we can help motivate each other
  • thinsoundsgood
    Options
    I plan to lose 40 more pounds! I was close to your weight when I started my weight loss journey. I've recently just lost 19 pounds! I wanna be fit by September!
  • sovannac
    sovannac Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I'm in! :) My wedding is in September, I need some much need motivation.
  • zylander
    zylander Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    same goal ....im in!!