Photo Inspiration?? Newbie

Options
Im new to MFP, almost made a week on here and Ive noticed that alot of people post before and after photos for motivation + inspiration.
Im wanting to stick a photo to the fridge or wall to try and stay motivated, BUT - is it better to have a picture of myself at my biggest, or a photo of me at the weight I want to get back to? Or both?

Thanks!

Replies

• wantasmallbummum
    wantasmallbummum Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Whichever will motivate you most. If a photo of you before, makes you feel repulsed and sick, then stick it up. If your aim to be thin is more of an incentive stick that up.
  • connie_messina
    connie_messina Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Hi ! I say whatever works for you, I think if i put a picture at my biggest id get depressed and eat lol but if i can look at a picture at my best that would motivate me to get there :)
  • joey200for2
    joey200for2 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Both!
  • Fockertots
    Fockertots Posts: 221
    Options
    I say put up both.
    I tried just the heavy one and it made me depressed. Then I tried just the thin one and it made me depressed because I felt I wasn't getting here fast enough, ha ha.
    Now I have both and I'm reminded that while I'm not quite where I want to be yet, I'm far from EVER being that heavy again.
    :]
  • jonski1968
    jonski1968 Posts: 4,498 Member
    Options
    deffo both..
  • flutestmelody
    flutestmelody Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have pictures that follow my journey from start to current. I also have an old photo of me when I was in the military that I use for personal inspiration. But the best ones are the ones that show my progress. It really helps me see where I have come from and look forward to where I am going.
  • rednblack84
    Options
    I say do progress pictures. I only say this because you'll have your heaviest and you'll have evidence of change to continue to propel you forward. I only lost two pounds in my second month, but 5.5 inches. I wouldn't have had the will to go on if I wasn't able to see those inches. The shape of my body had changed and I LOVED it!
  • RideRidePony
    Options
    Thanks everyone :D Ill have to track down some photos!