Insanity: Yay? Nay?

Options
I’m super intrigued in the program.

Right now I do cardio at the gym with the bikes and ellipticals due to an injury but want to know if any of you are currently doing, are about to do, or have done the insanity workout videos.

I’ll probably start it during the summer when I have an available 60 days straight I can devote to working out, plus my foot’ll be better and I’ll have starting my running routine.

Thoughts? Pros? Cons? Results?
Thanks!

Replies

• HealthyHappyVegan
    Options
    Bump! Bump! Bump! I know you insanity-ers are out there! :)
  • dezwark
    dezwark Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    My sister in law just did this and loved it. she is doing it a second round. i myself haven't used it tho sorry
  • shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    Options
    Insanity, YAY!
    I am on week 3 and so far I love it.
    Even my husband is doing a video twice a week. It is a great workout.
  • cyclerjenn
    cyclerjenn Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    I have done insanity and I loved the work out. It really makes you work, found huge difference in my power while i'm on my bike. Once I finish clean up my home gym, I will be doing the program again.
  • RestartThisRight
    Options
    I just started, but I love it! It's fun, so I can see myself sticking through it for a couple of rounds! Its hard though!
  • rlv2680
    rlv2680 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    love it!!! I am on week 5 this time around
  • Brandongood
    Brandongood Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I just did Insanity and I love it!

Pros
    Wears your little butt out
    amazing results
    challenge
    increased cardiovascular endurance and speed
    no need for equipment
    convenient

Cons
    Wears your little butt out
    Takes getting used to
    must be in decent shape to begin with
    can take its toll on the joints. Lot of jumping
  • mill1295
    mill1295 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    It is SUPER hard on your knees.. so Nay for me - had to stop because I couldn't use stairs anymore..
  • bvandolah
    Options
    I think it's a solid program. I incorporated it into my cardio days which I alternated with my weight training days. I would recommend it.
  • OhShesaPistol
    OhShesaPistol Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I just started today, and by that i mean the fitness test. I tried it last year, but was not ready for it by ANY means. I started January with the 30 day shred and ripped in 30, i finished ripped in 30 yesterday and now im on the Insanity grind. I love it- and will stick through it for thr 60 days, Im hard headed like that. Thankfully starting with Jillian Michaels DVD's helped me a lot or i know i wouldn't have made it through the fitness test today.
  • Trovan
    Trovan Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    The results you get from a HIIT(High Intensity Interval Training) program like Insanity will astound you. I suggest you give it a try. I love it. I seriously dropped a pants size the first week.
  • crossa75
    crossa75 Posts: 9
    Options
    Insanity is a great fast paced workout, I've done it 3 times. Highly recommend it!
  • Kotasmommy
    Kotasmommy Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Yay! I am on my second day today. I have to stop every once in awhile but I know I will be able to do more in time. It really is insane lol. I would use a HRM if you have one. I bought one specifically for Insanity. I love that it counts my calories.
  • iheartmonkeypoo
    iheartmonkeypoo Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    NAY!
    wayyyyy too hard, this is a very advanced workout, i opted for p90x the first time around, and now im on SLIM IN 6. i love SI6, p90x worked but bored me to death.
  • HealthyHappyVegan
    Options
    Wow! Thanks for all the responses! I think I'm going to consider getting the DVDs but have to figure out when my injury will be better.... ugh.
  • JamesBurkes
    JamesBurkes Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Yes, not for the unfit.

But a great program.

The only downside is that it is VERY high impact. If you have any kind of knee or joint issues, it's probably best to avoid it or use it as I do, as a once a week thing that gets rotated in around other workouts.
  • bsharrah
    bsharrah Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Insanity is all that. If you are out of shape, or have bad knees/joints then modify those moves that give you problems and don't try to move at Shaun's pace. It is ok to work your way up to that level. Get a HRM and know your thresholds. Don't be afraid to hit the pause button for a longer rest period if necessary. IMO, doing the workouts at a slower pace still beats anything you can do on any machine.
  • crossa75
    crossa75 Posts: 9
    Options
    Exactly you can't expect to push play the first time and keep up with saun t! All u have to do is do your best and keep pushing and you'll see results!