Zumba Fitness Rush: Weakest Link=Calorie Counter

Options
JuST FYI: DO NOT TRUST THE CALORIE COUNTER...:noway: :noway: :noway:

I am a Zumba Enthusiast and have been for quite a while!!!

Over the past four days, I completed 4 different workouts (diff intensity levels and diff times), however the calorie counter gave me around 154 cal burned for 20 mins and for 70 mins, respectively.

However, the game has way more pros than cons!
I do love the new Zumba: Feel The Rush for the Kinect: 42 new routines, music by Pitbull, and I can now create my own workout.....sweeeeeeeet! ♥ ♥ ♥

It's not perfect...there are a few flaws....but one major flaw prompted me to write this post..... DO NOT TRUST THE CALORIE COUNTER...I REPEAT, DO NOT RELY ON THE CALORIE COUNTER!!! :noway: :noway: :noway: U r better off choosing "Dancing" from MFP calorie counter, or better yet, using an HRM!

I will continue to play it and update this post if the circumstances change! Has anyone experienced weird results with the calorie counter?

:heart: "Adversity causes some men to break, others to break records." ~William A. Ward:heart:

Replies

• sarahs440
    Options
    I just bought Zumba Rush today! I am so excited to try it out!! I will let you know what it says :smile:
  • msnewbootie
    msnewbootie Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Ok, Thanks!
  • mzlisa21
    Options
    I have the same issue! LOVE the game but the calorie counter is for sure off...I was never even prompted to put in my height or weight. I just wear my HRM for an accurate calorie count.
  • targetmomma
    Options
    I though it was just me . I play Biggest losse on xbox kinect for 60 minutes and burn like 500 calories or more. I did full class on high intensity on Zumba Fitness rush and it only said i burned 224 calories after 60 minutes plus .
  • rachelleygirl9009
    rachelleygirl9009 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    i found a website call Zumbacalories.com where you put in your weight, how long your work out was, and the intensity. When i put in my info and it tells me i burned 697 calories after a 60 minute mid intensity work out. Zumba fitness: feel the rush said i burned 221. i don't know which to believe. i'm leaning more toward the zumbacalories.com.
  • Loonymoon
    Loonymoon Posts: 27
    Options
    Weird because I just did a midlength workout on zumba fitness rush and it told me I burned 990 calories (10 songs which I think was about 45minutes)!!

That's way high.. I'd expect about 5-600 or so.
  • krambow
    krambow Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I use my fitbit to calc the calories, it seems to be pretty accurate.
  • cthomas0226
    Options
    That's weird it reading it like that for me its off by 100 calories... It said I burned 1134 calories in a 45 minute workout but my HRM monitor said 1032
  • missdaisy79
    missdaisy79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the heads up on this! I've got Zumba Party which is ok, but I'm a bit bored of the tunes and there are some that when they come up I'm like "oh crap not this sh1t again". I've been thinking about Zumba Rush and I might give it a go especially now I know you can create your own workouts. :smile:
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    JuST FYI: DO NOT TRUST THE CALORIE COUNTER...:noway: :noway: :noway:

I am a Zumba Enthusiast and have been for quite a while!!!

Over the past four days, I completed 4 different workouts (diff intensity levels and diff times), however the calorie counter gave me around 154 cal burned for 20 mins and for 70 mins, respectively.

However, the game has way more pros than cons!
    I do love the new Zumba: Feel The Rush for the Kinect: 42 new routines, music by Pitbull, and I can now create my own workout.....sweeeeeeeet! ♥ ♥ ♥

It's not perfect...there are a few flaws....but one major flaw prompted me to write this post..... DO NOT TRUST THE CALORIE COUNTER...I REPEAT, DO NOT RELY ON THE CALORIE COUNTER!!! :noway: :noway: :noway: U r better off choosing "Dancing" from MFP calorie counter, or better yet, using an HRM!

I will continue to play it and update this post if the circumstances change! Has anyone experienced weird results with the calorie counter?

:heart: "Adversity causes some men to break, others to break records." ~William A. Ward:heart:

Truthfully, Who Cares! If you really think the calories burned will help you lose wt, you are nuts. The BENEFITS of Exercise are related to Metabolism which causes wt. loss...You would a Very High Intensity workout for 4-6 hours to burn enough CALORIES to effect you weight (Like a PRO Athlete). Workouts are about cause and effect...
  • missjennynrich
    Options
    I know this thread is old but I have Zumba Fitness Rush and I find the calorie counter to be pretty accurate. I do have the game for the XBOX 360 which I use the Kinect for. I did use the Kinect fitness settings to set my height, age, and weight. It is true that in an hour a person can burn up to 1000 calories. I play the game every day for 60mins-90mins and burn 1000-1500 calories
  • kaylalorri
    kaylalorri Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have the game as well but have only used it a few times.. i'm going to start using it again tonight! :)
  • kandyice1
    kandyice1 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I know this thread is old but I have Zumba Fitness Rush and I find the calorie counter to be pretty accurate. I do have the game for the XBOX 360 which I use the Kinect for. I did use the Kinect fitness settings to set my height, age, and weight. It is true that in an hour a person can burn up to 1000 calories. I play the game every day for 60mins-90mins and burn 1000-1500 calories

So you've actually used a HRM to measure calorie burn during a Zumba session?
  • azurefive
    azurefive Posts: 3
    Options
    Hey! I've actually found the calorie counter to be pretty inaccurate. I use a Scosche Rhytm (Pulse Rate Monitor) and that usually gives me about 60-70% of the game reading after a whole session.