how do i know this will work?

Options
Ive been dieting since the new year with no signs of improvment if not gaining 4-5 lbs... today i started running i ran 2.5 miles today woohoo! and im looking at my stomach and I dont see how this will ever go away!.. will excersizing help or am i wating my time. i started drinking 2-3 glasses of lemon water which is suppose to help speed up the weight loss process. im not going to give up i will give it until may 1st. i was just wondering what is ur input on this. how much do i have to run and jump rop and work out and for how long to lose about 10 lbs ??

i hope i can do it

Replies

• IzzyBaxter
    Options
    Good luck!

I find if I stick to the calories I should have, don't cheat and do 1/2 hour of some kind of excerise every day then I loose weight, if i drink too much wine and hit the lollies at night time - then I don't :-) have lost 8 kilos since Cristmas now so I KNOW it works!
  • alj322003
    alj322003 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    everyone is different. weight loss can happen rapidly or some and slowly for others. the thing about running or exercise is that it helps strenghen your muscles and makes them more efficent in burning calories. I had been running for about two weeks when I tweeked my knee and had lost 9 lbs I took off a week and let my knee rest and still maintained my recomended calories and lost an additional 6 lbs I can tell a difference in the strengh of my abs from those two weeks I did get back on the tread mill this morning and walked for a mile tried to run but can't yet. Keep at it
  • jhann16
    jhann16 Posts: 62
    Options
    I personally believe in quality over quantity. I try to eat mostly clean, healthy, natural veggies and meats. I limit the sugar and carbs and this seems to work. Even on weeks where I eat way over on calories I still tend to lose weight because of the type of food. My body knows what to do with it and processes it correctly.