FIT BIT

Options
Hi Everyone,

I just purchased a fit bit and I am in need of a little help. I entered my stats and it is advising me to eat 926 calories a day. Obviously I would never do this, but am I doing something wrong? I feel like the site is difficult to navigate. Any help will be much appreciated! :)

Replies

• fishndad
    fishndad Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I only go by MFP suggestions. I don't worry about fitbit for that cause I'm not sure of it's figures. It will give extra exercise calories to eat, but I'm not sure how accuate that is either. I use mine mostly as a motivation tool to get me to walk when I never used to, & I use the sleep patterns to see what helps & doesn't. I'm not sure thats a 100% accuate, but it's awfully close. There's a help board on the fitbit site & maybe they can answer some of your questions. But I will say it's more accuate than any pedometer I've ever had
  • EvaJ20
    EvaJ20 Posts: 33
    Options
    Thanks for the advice. I went for a walk a while ago and I loved seeing the exact mileage and steps!
  • dezedeze
    dezedeze Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    You probably told it you want to lose 1 1/2 or 2lbs/week...it's trying to get you there and doesn't cut off at 1200 like MFP does. As you move/exercise throughout the day it will adjust your calories upwards...I worked a 12 hour shift today and fitbit added in 563 calories! Add that to your number and you have a reasonable number to eat.
  • crudd123
    crudd123 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Search under Groups for Fitbit Users! It's a group on here and it has lots of helpful info on there! Good luck! Oh, you have to ask to join it too!
  • ford8709
    ford8709 Posts: 140
    Options
    Bump
  • EvaJ20
    EvaJ20 Posts: 33
    Options
    Thank you, everyone! :)