In need of support and friends to help keep me on track and

Options
66Blee
66Blee Posts: 1 Member
I am trying to live a healthier lifestyle and lose weight. 45, 5' 6", and 245 founds. Having trouble getting a good start to building healthy habits. I hope to gain some friends for support and an accatioal kick in the pants to get moving.

Replies

• jaye_bird
    Options
    Hi,

My story isn't much different then your story. I am younger (not by much - 41), shorter (5'3 wish I was taller) and probably slightly heavier (don't really want to step on the scale to find out). Today was a good day. I find it difficult to get in the swing of things but I really could stand to lose some weight to be in better health.

I am hoping to get motivated and try to stay on track for more than a day or two.
  • briscottcoach
    Options
    I'm always looking to grow my list of buddies if you'd like to add me. I have another 40 + pounds to go.
  • divamimi09
    divamimi09 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi - - getting started is really difficult....but making up your mind to focus on yourself and your health is such a great achievement. First, you probably should talk to your doctor before pursuing serious weight loss regime. Everyone is different and has different issues/reasons for losing weight. My doctors have helped me and directed me to what works for me. I also saw a nutrionist who was able to guide me on good food choices.

I'd say - at minimum, start to delete fatty and sugary foods from your diet. I removed soda, bread, sugar/sweets which was really hard. I also removed alcohol from my diet (alcohol slows down the metabolism). I tried all of this, going "cold turkey" and started with a semi-liquid diet (sugar free jello, soups/broths and clear liquids for about 5-6 days). This was what I had to do for me, like I said, talk to your doctor before you make changes for yourself.

Again, either way - - - focus on you, your goals and logging your calories and exercise is key. I had a difficult time at first with the exercise, but then after losing some weight, it became easier and I actually seem to be living at the gym.... I get mad at myself if I miss a day!!! The reduced calories and increased exercise go hand in hand and have helped me- - i feel so so much better than before!!!

I wish you good luck getting started. I find that forums such as this and communities or groups that offer weight loss support are also helpful.

GOOD LUCK on your journey!!! :-)