Fellow Vegan/Vegetarian/Pescetarians

Options
13»

Replies

• pdworkman
    pdworkman Posts: 1,342 Member
    Options
    I am vegetarian, dairy-free, grain-free. My diary is open if you want to browse it.
  • nextrightthing
    nextrightthing Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    bump
  • joyous504
    joyous504 Posts: 72
    Options
    I'm 100% vegan and I find all sorts of delicious healthy recipes out there. Keep in mind you can still be a fat vegan, I'm proof. There are amazing vegan desserts and foods out there that are not healthy.
  • BlackmetalCoffee79
    BlackmetalCoffee79 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I've been vegetarian for the past 2 years for health and also ethical reasons. Don't know how well my diary looks recipe-wise, but you're welcome to look at it. I'll send you a friend request. :)
  • veganbaum
    veganbaum Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    There's a group called Happy Herbivore that has a range of plant-based eaters and veg*ns. Check it out for other vegheads.

@veganthinn - we had a very polite discussion about the whole terminology thing as well. Was very civilized, it's nice to be able to discuss such things.
  • CallmeSbo
    CallmeSbo Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this. I was a vegetarian for a year, im mostly pescetarian. Im interested in being vegan.
  • damnedlady
    damnedlady Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I've been a vegetarian for seven years or so. In a transition period I still ate fish or seafood, but that now happens only a couple times a year. I know a lot of vegans and vegetarians are annoyed that people call themselves vegetarians when they sometimes eat meat or seafood, as I myself am annoyed when I say I'm vegetarian and get the response: "Yeah, but you eat fish, right?" or "But you eat chicken?" But to me, eating seafood is an exception from the rule and is only done on special family occasions and I completely identify with being a vegetarian and all the good reasons for being one. Health being one of them!

I am trying, and have been trying to get a more vegan diet, but I'm not doing very well. Partly because of cheese and milk chocolate, partly because I then would have to carry my own food everywhere as vegan options in Norway are scarce. Inspirations on how to be vegan are welcome, as are recipes not containing processed foods (I try not to eat it + your processed foods won't be available for purchase here anyway ...).

I have just opened my food diary to friends. There is still too much sugar and cheese in my diet, and some foods are in Norwegian (so you might want to ask me what it is), but I would love some more vegetarian or vegan friends, also people who want to eat more vegetarian/vegan!! :)
  • ebenoit1
    ebenoit1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    If you haven't already you should check out the Thrive Series by Brendan Brazier. Recipes are simple and he has an entire book on vegan nutrition for optimal sports performance. The smoothies are nice & an easy breakfast to fix!
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
  • ebenoit1
    ebenoit1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Also looking for more vegan friends, so add me!
  • stayseeing
    stayseeing Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm a pescetarian at the moment, but I think I'll be making the full transition very soon to vegetarian. I'm finding myself disgusted by fish more and more. Milk and eggs (by themselves) gross me out, but I like cheese. Maybe vegan one day, who knows.
  • RobertGAlexander
    RobertGAlexander Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm working towards being a pescatarian nutritarian. Seafood provides the DHA, vitamin B12, and vitamin D that is lacking in a vegan diet.