i went completely overboard, losing motivation :I

Options
I've been so good on my diet lately, albeit i only lost 1lbs but i was feeling great about myself!

I dont know how to recover from this...I ate a whole pizza, 2 small chocolate muffins, 6 fun size twix, 4 fun size snickers and a kit kat chunky.

This is just disgusting and I dont know how to stay on my diet, I feel like crying, I felt so guilty after this binge that I had to throw up which would have done nothing.

Replies

• Shannonbayer
    Shannonbayer Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Forgive yourself, we're all human. Start fresh tomorrow! I look at "before and after" photos for motivation and to remind myself that it's a process.
  • ToxicTaki
    Options
    Tomorrow's a new day.
  • ashhhhole
    ashhhhole Posts: 74
    Options
    Drink water, and do some cardio. Don't worry about burning everything you ate, just get those endorphins flowing. Slip ups happen, you need to take them in stride and move on. There is nothing you can do now.
  • vestarocks
    vestarocks Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Breathe. Forgive yourself. Tomorrow is another day.

Can I ask if something triggered your binge? Obviously this isn't about the food.
  • cjsgrimlin
    cjsgrimlin Posts: 246
    Options
    You forget, move forward, adiust your diet to sometime include these items, drink more water, and really be happy. It happens to us all. I ate junk food all day, managed to almost stay under cals, but you know what i've lost 2 pounds this week because i got off my butt and did dome work!
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Take a deep breath and admit you're human and let the guilt go. One day isn't the end of the world. Eat exceptionally well tomorrow, and drink a ton of water to try to get some of the icky processed crap out of your system.

Try to remind yourself that weight loss is only part of the ultimate goal. The ultimate goal is to be healthy and every bite is a decision. But, we're all human and have those days when we hear the Oreos call our names. I'll bet if you eat well for the rest of the week, you'll find that today's extra calories don't really hurt your average day consumption that much.
  • annettepelegrin
    Options
    This happened to me too. I fell off the wagon for 2 weeks. When I went to work out today I found out a lot of others did the same, probably because of the nice weather, everyone was celebrating!

So we decided that today is the day we hit the "reset" button and I'm back to logging every bite and carrying a food journal with me.
  • MrsSYDL
    MrsSYDL Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Remember that we have to take this journey one moment at a time. Just start over from this moment and keep pushing forward. I am thinking of you and cheering you on.
  • SWEETS1234
    SWEETS1234 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I agree let it go. You're done it's done. Start again and please believe in yourself. You are your worst enemy. :flowerforyou:
  • TheNewDodge
    TheNewDodge Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    At least the chocolate muffins were small. That shows good judgement
  • Amberetta82
    Amberetta82 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Drink water, and do some cardio. Don't worry about burning everything you ate, just get those endorphins flowing. Slip ups happen, you need to take them in stride and move on. There is nothing you can do now.

Endorphins FTW!!!
  • moxette
    moxette Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    maybe you are asking to much of yourself on the diet you are on? Undereating causes overeating, and sometimes if you sacrifice too much your brain goes into rebel mode in the opposite direction. Be sure to allow yourself a few treats that fall within your diet boundaries. This is about a life you can sustain forever, not just "until you lose the weight."
  • abnerner
    abnerner Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    The best thing you can do is forgive yourself and move on. You can make it better tomorrow, if you make yourself! Don't give up, just keep going!
  • idlehandsx
    idlehandsx Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Just remember, it takes habit to lose weight, and it takes habit to gain it. One day isn't going to kill you :)
  • Hope1971
    Hope1971 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I agree, it is just one day out of your life! Start fresh again tomorrow and let it go! It happens to everyone!! Cheer up:)
  • frugalmomsrock
    frugalmomsrock Posts: 1,123
    Options
    SHAKE IT OFF!! Drink lots of water, hit the exercise extra hard the next few days, and really watch how you eat the next few days. Don't let a bad day turn into a bad week!
  • ItsVJ
    ItsVJ Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I have TOTALLY been there - MANY times! Each time I just want to bang my head against the wall! But you have to forgive yourself and get RIGHT BACK up on the horse! My friends here on MFP have helped me through this time after time. And because of them cheering me on, I've started anew each time. Even if that, alone, is something I could be proud, then I did it just so I had a reason to pat myself on the back.

Forgive yourself. Then pick yourself up, brush yourself off, and keep walking forward.

You can do it!!!!!!!
  • Jeaninedj
    Jeaninedj Posts: 43
    Options
    I think there was something in the air because I did too. In fact, I wrote a blog about it and it really helped put things into perspective.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Jeaninedj
  • xMsAlly
    xMsAlly Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Start right this second. Don't even wait until tomorrow...try to get a workout in before bed! But tomorrow is a new day, just don't make it a habit (ie. don't do it again tomorrow!)
  • kayla7303
    kayla7303 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    it's ok. I had a severe binge yesterday (I couldn't log it because I basically turned into a vacuum and ate everything...I didn't know how many servings I ate)
    just get back up and keep on going. it wont set you back if you learn from it and start tomorrow fresh. best of luck!