Coke Icee

Options
Coke icee's are my downfall.

I am a water drinker. I drink water all day long. No coffee, no soda, no lemonaid, nothing else. But sometimes I really want my icee.

When I am having a bad day at work (like now) that is my pick me up. I limit myself to a small (8 oz) and I really have to need the icee and it can only happen a max of two times a week (including weekends). Is this ok or how much damage am I doing from all of my workouts?

According to the ICEE website - An 8 oz has 65 calories, 18 carbs, 6 sodiums, 15 caffenie.

Replies

• Cindysunshine
    Cindysunshine Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't think it would hurt you as long as you have the calories for it. Enjoy! Cindy :heart:
  • paulamma1
    paulamma1 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I'll bite.

What's a "Coke Icee"?

I know, I know, I could google it, but I figure you'd get a kick out of explaining it yourself.

:flowerforyou:
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    watch out for the sugar. otherwise, i think you're fine :happy:
  • belldandy1
    belldandy1 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Too bad they don't make diet coke icees.
  • RyanLB
    RyanLB Posts: 4
    Options
    I would like a diet mt. dew icee.

65 calories is nothing. Drink away and walk an extra half mile to burn off the 65 calories if you are that worried about it.

Go for it. You have to live a little.
  • 4mykids
    4mykids Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh, for just 65 calories I'd be tempted more than just twice a week.
  • mossmommy
    mossmommy Posts: 63
    Options
    Coke icee's are my downfall.

I am a water drinker. I drink water all day long. No coffee, no soda, no lemonaid, nothing else. But sometimes I really want my icee.

When I am having a bad day at work (like now) that is my pick me up. I limit myself to a small (8 oz) and I really have to need the icee and it can only happen a max of two times a week (including weekends). Is this ok or how much damage am I doing from all of my workouts?

According to the ICEE website - An 8 oz has 65 calories, 18 carbs, 6 sodiums, 15 caffenie.

what you could do instead is take a can of diet coke at home and stick it in the freezer for a while (it'll start to become slushy like after about 20 min) then drink that instead. you'd save the cals and the gas to get one
  • kholmes
    kholmes Posts: 214
    Options
    Paulamma1 - they have tons of flavors of icee's (basically it is a flavored beverage with extra cabronation so that it is icee but not frozen) I think that is a good description

Ok so I have analyzed and I have to walk through campus, across the street and into the store which I will time on this trip and then I am going input into the exercise to see if I burn the same (or great) calories. I think this is a great plan:happy:

Considering it is like 100 degrees outside may even score more lost calories. If it was not so hot I would make myself do a loop around a few buildings to work up a few more calories.

Thanks all. I am walking over now.:smile:
  • totallytasha
    totallytasha Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean... I LOVE Slurpees!!!! I think the way you're doing it is just fine. I try to limit myself to just weekends, because otherwise I'd be out of control, but that adds up to about twice a week as well. Been working for me!
  • paulamma1
    paulamma1 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Paulamma1 - they have tons of flavors of icee's (basically it is a flavored beverage with extra cabronation so that it is icee but not frozen) I think that is a good description

Thank you!! :flowerforyou:

I've never actually had one of these nor slurpees.

I just googled to see if I could come up with a recipie for you but it looks like it's carbonated water, A HALF CUP OF SUGAR!!!! and coolaid

Ow.:frown:
  • kholmes
    kholmes Posts: 214
    Options
    So I went. I powered walked over, 10 minutes total, estimated about 40 calories burned so I will have to power walk the dog tonight or do some ab working before bed to make up the 25 calories.

Thanks all.:happy:
  • GreenEyedMonster
    Options
    Wonder if I could do a Rum and Coke Icee...?