Women's multi-vitamin

What brand of women's multi-vitamin do you recommend? Asked my husband to pick some up for me over the weekend and he picked up One Source. I've never heard of them. I am sensitive to vitamins and these ones had my heart beating out of my chest and feeling nauseated. Any vitamin suggestions?

Replies

• montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    I use the GNC brand... GNC Women's Ultra Mega Active. Most multi-vitamins make me feel sick, but I have never had a problem with the GNC vitamins.

But I would be interested to see what else people recommend because GNC can be a bit on the pricey side.
  • toasterlisa
    toasterlisa Posts: 100 Member
    I take Centrum Chewables, which are a general multi-vitamin, not specific to women. It's fun to chew your vitamin just like when you were a kid.

My doctor suggested that because I fill up with a variety of vegetables, fruits, lean meats, and non-dairy calcium sources, that a multi-vitamin might not even be necessary.

I have been to both GNC and Vitamin World lately and spoken with really knowledgeable sales people (I didn't buy vitamins from them, though). Give that a try.

Best wishes on your health and wellness journey!
  • Jillcra
    Jillcra Posts: 4
    I have been using a multi-vitamin through Puristat.com, it is called Advanced Supplementation and it has been wonderful. I have tried many over the counter products but was referred to this brand by a friend. The multi-vitamin also includes a digestive enzyme, probiotic and Omega-3. If nothing else, check out their site. They also have a nurse that you can ask questions of and I utilized her quite a bit prior to purchasing and it has been about 6 mos. and they work for me.
  • zoedallas
    zoedallas Posts: 116 Member
    I use the GNC brand... GNC Women's Ultra Mega Active. Most multi-vitamins make me feel sick, but I have never had a problem with the GNC vitamins.

But I would be interested to see what else people recommend because GNC can be a bit on the pricey side.
    I use this also and I've been happy with it.
  • ksnel3
    ksnel3 Posts: 107 Member
    I use some called "alive!", they have a full day serving of veggies too.
  • carolemack
    carolemack Posts: 1,276 Member
    I use Centrum Forte. I've never had any problems with them, and they sometimes go on sale...I even got them Buy one Get one free once.
  • blueeyedcristi
    blueeyedcristi Posts: 304 Member
    Will have to check these out.
  • kari574
    kari574 Posts: 99 Member
    I take Centrum Chewables, which are a general multi-vitamin, not specific to women. It's fun to chew your vitamin just like when you were a kid.
    I take these too. I don't like swallowing pills. But I don't have problems with them making me feel bad, so I can't comment on that.