Jamie Eason's program kind of sucks.

Options
Rae6503
Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
It's got way to much isolation (biceps curls, separating chest from biceps, etc). Beginners would do much better on a full body program that incorporates more compound lifts (squats, bench, deadlifts, etc).

Just because she's hot, it doesn't mean she knows what she is talking about. I've seen a lot of women doing this lately and it makes me cringe.

I'd recommend:

New Rules of Weight lifting for Women (at least phase 1, I've never gone beyond that and the nutrition section contains some broscience).
Strong Lifts 5x5
Starting Strength

Replies

• SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    Glad I am not the only one who thought this! I honestly have never been to fond of her. She is VERY hot and I admire her body and look at her for motivation in the Hot Women with Muscles thread.

But her program is a lot of isolation work, not too many compound lifts, focuses on 100% clean eating or failure thought, and really isn't the best route to go IMO.

I second Starting Strength for beginners for sure.
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    hhhhmm girls talking about weights? where am i!?
    btw does this Jamie say her program is for begginers or not?
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    I? agree. I am happy to see that I am not alone.,
  • sarallong
    sarallong Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I love her program!! I am seeing good results. I am not a beginner tho...been lifting for 4 years. Maybe it's not for beginners BUT it is a good program and she does know what she is talking about!
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Well that sucks. I was thinking about doing it.
  • Adrienne2001
    Options
    Bump
  • 1a1a
    1a1a Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    bump for both :-D
  • SammyKatt
    SammyKatt Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I agree. I looked into it but it all involves having to go to a gym. If I had a gym membership I wouldn't be looking for free workouts online! Lame :/
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I completely agree! My favorite workout is Lee Labrada's 12 week lean body trainer. It's a full body workout and love the way it is set up. "Women's" programs just never seem to appeal to me.
    Options
    I love her program!! I am seeing good results. I am not a beginner tho...been lifting for 4 years. Maybe it's not for beginners BUT it is a good program and she does know what she is talking about!

I am not a beginner either, I have been lifting since freshman year of high school and I still am not doing isolation lifts.
  • DixiedoesMFP
    DixiedoesMFP Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing this! I have looked at it and considered it, but hadn't seriously put a plan into motion. I will keep doing what I'm doing, thanks!
  • Justjoshin
    Justjoshin Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Women + Compound Lifts = Yum.
    That is all
  • sarallong
    Options
    Well, not every program will appeal to everyone. If it work GREAT...if not..time to try something new but I don't think saying jaime is just "hot" and doesn't know anything is true or kind...:flowerforyou:
  • suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Why is isolation not good - is it because with compound you target more muscles at once?
  • sarallong
    Options
    oh, and her program incorporates many compund exercises. Squats, lunges, push ups, galore!!
    Options
    Well, not every program will appeal to everyone. If it work GREAT...if not..time to try something new but I don't think saying jaime is just "hot" and doesn't know anything is true or kind...:flowerforyou:

That is just my personal opinion. I certainly look up to her, but doesn't mean I want to train like her you know? :]

Im more of a deadlift, rows, press, bench etc fan

Never said she doesn't know anything, I said that I don't think the program is good for beginners and includes too many isolation lifts
  • chrissismone
    chrissismone Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Different strokes for different folks I always say. I have been getting some good results from her plans. Now that I have access to the new rules that will be my next plan of action.
  • suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Sunshine can you answer my question or anyone else in the know:
    Why is isolation not good - is it because with compound you target more muscles at once?
    Really want to know. I have seen people saying do compound exercises because you also burn more calories?
  • enginerd81
    Options
    I started out with one of the BodyBuilding.com work out sets - and it was mind boggling to for a beginner to get going on it. When my wife was ready to start lifting we switched over to stronglifts - only been doing it for a few weeks so no comments on effectiveness but we both like the simplicity of it and since it starts with minimal weight it allows everybody to get comfortable with the exercise before real weight is applied. Very confident building since you only need to know 6 exercises.
  • sarallong
    Options
    and apparently I cant type...LOL!! Much to you all...I think we are all amazing and entitled to our own opinions :heart: