Cardio & Strength training switch up??

Options
I have heard that you should do cardio and then strength training on separate days. Like cardio 4 days a week & strength training 2 days a week & one day of rest. Is this so or sound right? What is yall's thoughts on this??

Replies

• Lukazetta
    Lukazetta Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I have heard that you should do cardio and then strength training on separate days. Like cardio 4 days a week & strength training 2 days a week & one day of rest. Is this so or sound right? What is yall's thoughts on this??

It's all about recovery. Personally I like having days completely off to rest (for 48 hours) and recover without even thinking about the gym. I do all my cardio AFTER my weight training and it helps because my heart rate is already up from lifting.

So it's really up to you if you think you're fully recovered 24 hours after your weight training day.
  • judyw51
    judyw51 Posts: 92
    Options
    I do one 50 min strength workout and at least one 50 min cardio work out everyday usually 2 , except Saturday and Sunday I just do 1 50 min cardio work out each day. I eat back my exercise calories and I have lost 70 Lbs and this has worked for me, but everyone is different.
  • IAmJeanaK
    IAmJeanaK Posts: 43
    Options
    Okay, I have been basically throwing both in together in a 1 hr workout everyday. I just recently started using weights & I am very sore. I also try to get in two walks a day about 30 minutes. I need to go longer on the walks tho I think. I actually started all this the day after Christmas & I went from 182 to 164. But gained back 6 lbs due to my farther in law havin cataract surgery that went all wrong 7 left him partially blind. It threw us all for a loop. But I'm gettin back on track & was thinking about doin cardio 4 days & strength training 2 days & 1 day off. That way maybe I wont be so sore & I really don't wanna build muscle. I just want to gain my strength back. You also mentioned eating you calories back. I heard that if you wanted to lose weight you should not eat the calories back??

P.S. Add me if y'all wanna lol :)