Not 1 but 2 NSVs

Options
Today when I put on the belt I haven't worn in like a month I went down not 1 but 2 notches. Also when I went to school (in college) today we had doughnuts for breakfast and it was the first time in my entire life that I said no to a doughnut and honestly did not want it at all. We also had pizza (which I caved and ate 2 pieces) and soda (which I cut out a long time ago and now when I drink it I get headaches) and cookies. I had neither soda nor cookies. So yeah my day was great.

Replies

• MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Awesome choices, keep it up!
  • p_barron
    p_barron Posts: 63
    Options
    Aww come on guys i feel great about this....
  • Cheval13
    Cheval13 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    And you can! that's awesome. Peer pressure and eating in group settings have always been one of my weak points. :) Way to go for saying no!
  • bherbie
    bherbie Posts: 11
    Options
    The best part is you have turned yourself off from these things. You should be VERY proud of these and stay focused on the goal and you will be fine.
  • emma7437
    emma7437 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Well done, it is such a great feeling, when you are not just being good, but you actually dont feel like the junk. Such a positive change. Be VERY proud.
  • beattie1
    beattie1 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    You did really well - and the great thing was that you didn't WANT the donut & that you KNEW the soda would make you feel bad so you said no. I reckon pizza's OK in moderation - which you had. 10/10 all round! :-)
  • DFWTT
    DFWTT Posts: 374
    Options
    Turns out pizza is one of the best "fast foods" you can put in your body. Supreme regular crust of thin crust generally has less than 350cals per slice and loaded with good stuff. 2 slices fits into my lunch calories very well if I skip the afternoon snack. Did the doughnut thing the other day and like you, passed then up. You're right, yuck! Nice job on the soda pass.
  • jaajh
    jaajh Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    I am very impressed! This is my big failing - saying no when "bad" things are placed in front of me! I would have done all of it "in moderation", i.e. not just the 2 slices of pizza (although even keeping to just 2 slices would have been majorly hard!), but a taste - perhaps half - of the doughnut, and half a soda, and I would still have felt I was doing well :-) You did fabulously!!! And the fact that you didn't even want the doughnut shows that this lifestyle has become normal for you and not just something you "should" do. Well done! You have given me inspiration and the hope that one day I too will reach that point!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!