Belly Fat

Options
:sad: I have a question and hopefully someone can help me. I have a problem with belly fat. My stomach looks flat in the morning and the minute I eat it bulges out! Sometimes people ask me if I am pregnant!!! I am 50 years old and almost 51! I have tried eating less, etc. etc. Any ideas?

Replies

• tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    I want answers to this too! I am going through the same thing! :grumble:
  • AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    I always had this same exact problem. Wake up-- look good... glance at a piece of food-- BLOAT!! :sick: I have noticed since I am watching my Sodium (Low) and Fiber (High) my bloating has gotten better. It still gets me bad sometimes, but I would say it definitely depends on what I eat.
  • Kanderson47
    Kanderson47 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    :sad: I have a question and hopefully someone can help me. I have a problem with belly fat. My stomach looks flat in the morning and the minute I eat it bulges out! Sometimes people ask me if I am pregnant!!! I am 50 years old and almost 51! I have tried eating less, etc. etc. Any ideas?

Hi...Ive been having belly fat for along time..well its because of my kids I had...I have 4 boys and the youngest is 9 years old ..so I really can't use that excuse anymore.....to having this belly fat..and Im trying to get rid of it...thats the ONLY problem Im having now......and I dont like it..:-( I hate it ..hate it hate it.............crunches plus walking??? :mad:
  • Pinkbamagirl
    Options
    Fiber one bars were my problem, I ate them for a breakfast, snacks or whatever and was sooo bloated! So, i would advise you to watch what you are eating, see if it has any effect on your bloating.
  • skinnyheather
    skinnyheather Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I have found that taking a multi enzyme helps with digestion and bloating. You can find them at the grocery store in the vitamin aisle.
  • anastasia
    anastasia Posts: 9
    Options
    sugar cause belly fat. In my case I had to give up alcohol....or seriously reduce my intake of wine :(
  • novachaos
    novachaos Posts: 12
    Options
    I've also wondered why I get so bloated so quickly... gas, maybe??
  • 1Sweets
    1Sweets Posts: 395
    Options
    I thought maybe I had a "stone baby" in there cuz I'm bloated all the time too! What's up with that:tongue::sad:
  • red5
    red5 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I also have that problem.....I was told it was because you are dehydrated because you have been sleeping for 6-8 hours without drinking anything. Then you wake up and drink coffee or water or whatever and you eat. I have been drinking dandelion tea it helps with bloating and it has worked for me the last 2 days! I really would like to know if that is the cause of this too.
  • SharonEllis51
    SharonEllis51 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    :laugh: My doctor thought I had something in my belly because it was large. It was just a build up of fat, I guess. I need to make an appointment to see her again. I had a sonogram done and I never got the results from it!!!! I need a new doctor. I guess that meant everythign was o.k. I think it could be hereditary too. Everyone in my family has a pot belly. Two of my sisters had tummy tucks, which I would never recommend. One went well and the other one has been a disaster (3-4 surgeries later!!) I cut out a lot of carbohydrates, which has really helped. I would suggest a lot of water and low carbs. Ever since I have been drinking protein shakes it gets a little bloaty. So, if you find out any answers, please let me know. Have a great night.
  • injuneer81
    injuneer81 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    not fat....need to do deep knee bends.........you will see the bulging belly go away just like a hot wind after you do a few deep knee bends. you may not want to do it around people you like though.
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    LMAO Injuneer!!
    I was thinking it sounded more like bloat than "fat"...
    The best thing for belly fat - the real stuff that keeps moving after you've stopped....is cardio - and I mean really hi intensity, get your HR up to 185 or 200, cardio...

once you've managed to lose that jiggle in the middle you can strengthen and get that six pack.