Help !! Extra Flab?

Options
I did crunches and situps while I was losing the weight. When I lost 50 LBS I still had alot of extra flab to try and stuff in my smaller size jeans. I'm scared to lose the weight again because of this. I think I looked better before I lost weight. I notice on the before and after pictures here that they don't seem to have that problem even when they have lost a hundred pounds. What can I do different this time. Thanks :-)

Replies

• cutezombiedoll
    Options
    When you loose weight, you loose weight everywhere equally, not just where you want to. That might be part of it.
  • kelleymeg
    kelleymeg Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    weights and strength training! its great to do cardio and eat well, but if you dont incorporate strength training in your weight loss to tone yourself, you will end up a "skinny - flabby". you dont have to be a power-lifter, just make sure you're toning as you go
  • pander101
    pander101 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    What I've heard that's been helping it weight lifting. It helps pull some of that extra skin back/fills it with muscle. Staying hydrated helps too.
  • pinkpandangel105
    pinkpandangel105 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I gained a lot of weight after getting pregnant with my son and have come to except the fact that I will probably always have left over flab. Probably try to focus a lot of extra attention targeting those muscle groups so that you can tone them up. I'm new to the whole fitness world so I don't have all the answers or even most of them. You could also try P90X, Insanity, and also the H.A.B.I.T work outs. They work but they are really hard. Good luck :happy:
  • HannahPTA
    HannahPTA Posts: 39
    Options
    I had the same problem after having lost 100 lbs. but I think my problem was having 5 kids, 4 c-sections, and twins. I am sure my abs need a plastic surgeons help but we cannot afford it. This time after I drop the weight I will just deal with it and be happy the rest of me snapped back...and well no summer bikini's for me. Good luck and if your problem is not pregnancies then you will most likely have hope to find your slim abs with strength trainning and cardio.
  • Ghette
    Ghette Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice. I'm going to give weights and strength training a try this go round. I have never really tried that. It has always been cardio and like I said situps or crunches.
  • DinkyDini
    DinkyDini Posts: 29
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. I have been big most of my life, well the last 22 years of it anyway and when I lost almost 60lbs 7 years ago I know for sure my arms looked better before, and I still have that xtra flab/skin, and it's more noticable now than before. This time around I noticed I've already got extra flab at my inner thighs, and my fiance thinks it's funny! I however do not! I have slacked with the weight training, so I need to amp that up. Anyone have any advice on what exercises to use?
  • salxtai
    salxtai Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Strength, strength and more strength. Free weights are more time-efficient than machines - but build up to them if you're not confident.

Apart from that, fast weight loss won't give your skin time to adjust - and fast weight loss is what you usually see in fad diets etc.