How do you know when you are skinny enough?

Options
I mean, I don't know how one tells if they are a good size or not. I keep getting told totally different standards. One friend said as long as your breasts are bigger than your stomach, some experts say as long as your hips are wider than your waist, then there's BMI and clothing size. What is a good standard for one's size?

Like I'm 5'3" and 149 lbs. My waist is 30 but my hips are 41. My clothing size ranges from a medium to an extra large, depending on the company and how the clothes are cut. My goal is 140. Is that too much? Too little? How much weight should I be loosing? Am I still fat? Should I continue loosing weight?

Replies

• cutezombiedoll
    Options
    Hello?
  • countrymomof32004
    Options
    I am 5 2 and working on weight. They claim u need to be lik 125 -130. But it also depends on what bone structure. U can put that in a search and it should help u
  • dlperry65
    dlperry65 Posts: 83
    Options
    I think it is a personal judgement call, stop where you feel good. I am 5'3" and at 138# and had meant to stop at 140#, but there's still some pudge so I am going to try 135#. Had been at 133# a few years ago, but am losing more slowy this time around and my face got really thin that time. Sorry to not be more help!
  • OpenHeaven
    OpenHeaven Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about the numbers, or the sizes, or the standards! You need to focus on being HEALTHY!!!!! Eat right, exercise, and have fun!!!

Make changes that you can live with (DON'T diet, but make lifestyle changes that are for good). Find activities that you LOVE!!!!! Don't let your friends tell you that your hips have to be _______, or your breasts should be _______. Be YOU! The BEST you that you can be - HEALTHY and HAPPY!!!!!
  • Redapplecandie
    Redapplecandie Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about the numbers, or the sizes, or the standards! You need to focus on being HEALTHY!!!!! Eat right, exercise, and have fun!!!

Make changes that you can live with (DON'T diet, but make lifestyle changes that are for good). Find activities that you LOVE!!!!! Don't let your friends tell you that your hips have to be _______, or your breasts should be _______. Be YOU! The BEST you that you can be - HEALTHY and HAPPY!!!!!

^^^^^^^ This
  • jg627
    jg627 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Using body mass index as a measurement of fitness should be punishable by public stoning. Go by bodyfat % if you want to go by numbers.