30 day shred...does is work really good?

Options
I wanted to try it so i could tone up before summer! I would love it if you posted pictures of your results!(:

Replies

• Mindmovesbody
    Mindmovesbody Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    There is a group that just started it yesterday. We are on day 2, some are a day or two ahead of us. It works. I've done it before I got pregnant with my third....hard core, definitely works!
  • kaitlynnrogers
    kaitlynnrogers Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    just ordered it!(: thank youu(: good luck on your 28 days left!(:
  • LJA8608
    LJA8608 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I am on day #22 and I can definitely feel the difference.. i have lost 12 lbs. doing it and my calves and thighs I have noticed are getting the most toning. I still have a ways to go before I can "see" my muscles, but just tonight while flexing i could feel my abs tucked in there getting stronger, so I definitely reccommend it!
  • SarahSwimmer
    SarahSwimmer Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I just finished my first time right befor I logged in and saw this topic. My legs are all shaky and it was hard to walk down the stairs! I've heard all sorts of great things.
  • nichole325
    nichole325 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I am going to start it April 1st!
  • maleva720
    maleva720 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I am almost done. It works. I lost more inches than pounds but you can totally tell. Jillian is too annoying for me though and she doesnt stretch enough on the cool downs. I do my own. Also it says 20 minutes but including the warm up and cool down plan on having closer to a half hour to do the DVD.
  • arl29
    arl29 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    You are talking about the Jillian Michaels workout, correct? Thanks!
  • nnylee
    nnylee Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I'm on Day 12! Lost 2lbs so far!
  • tessaahmad
    Options
    30 day Shred is a great work out for beginners. Even those who are advanced could benefit from using this workout a few times a week but not everyday. Simply because, the workout is too short. If you are looking for a great workout to start building all around muscle, definately try this. if you are looking for that something extra, this may not be enough for you. Try combining this workout with 30 minutes of cardio a day and you will get insane results. Ive been doing this dvd for a year and a half about once or twice a week, incorporated with other workouts to get the results I need.
  • twoisplenty
    twoisplenty Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I also ordered it on Amazon. I got Jillian Michaels beginners Front and Back Dvd too. I figure I will start with both of those for 30 days and then jump into the 30 day shred. Good luck to every one on their 30 Day burn!!
  • JGT2004
    JGT2004 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I am working through it now. FYI I saw on another post where Jillian Michaels had a podcast and suggested you do 2 days of Level 1 then a day off then 2 more days and a day off etc. I don't know if this means you should still do 10 days of each level (as implied by the name) or if the off days would count towards the 10 days. I haven't found any firm guidance on this and a lot of people go at their own pace but I thought I would let you know.
  • WildFlower7
    WildFlower7 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Hey I too am doing it again for the billionth time lol, only cause I love it so much! Friend me if you'd like to see pics I posted of recent results on my profile. Good luck and remember the first 2 or 3 timesdoing the workout are hard but it get's easier and is well worth it in the end!
  • LoriPayne
    LoriPayne Posts: 17
    Options
    I'm on day 9, loving it, it can be tough to do it every day but I just tell myself its only 30 days!

By day 5 I could see definition I hadn't seen in a long time, and even with all this muscle work where you'd expect to gain (muscle weighs heavier than fat so often when beginning a workout like this I will gain the first couple of weeks) I still lost 1 lb after 5 days!

By day 9 the exercises are easier, I've increased my weights and I'm looking forward to starting part 2.

Definately lengthen the stretching at the end, or you'll be sore.

Go for it!
  • SaketoKim
    SaketoKim Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    It totally works!!!! Just do it!
  • sedosher
    sedosher Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I definitely think it works, but honestly not my fav JM DVD. I think "Burn Fat Boost Metabolism" is WAY more effective for lose. It is a longer DVD but the calorie burn is twice as much for me. Last week I did Level 2 of 30DS my burn was 245, two days laster I did BFBM and my burn was 489. Last night I did BFBM again and my burn was closer to 500 because I was able to do even more of the exercises.

I am currently alternating BFBM every other day with different DVDs. However, 30DS is a good workout and you will definitely see results especially if you are a beginner or looking more to tone not lose.
  • 2kidzlater
    2kidzlater Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I just finished my 4th day. I'm doing 30day of level one and so on. I've heard it works. Good luck everyone!
  • nnylee
    nnylee Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    30 day Shred is a great work out for beginners. Even those who are advanced could benefit from using this workout a few times a week but not everyday. Simply because, the workout is too short. If you are looking for a great workout to start building all around muscle, definately try this. if you are looking for that something extra, this may not be enough for you. Try combining this workout with 30 minutes of cardio a day and you will get insane results. Ive been doing this dvd for a year and a half about once or twice a week, incorporated with other workouts to get the results I need.

That's what I do. I add it with Jillian's Kickbox Fastfix or a stint at the gym.
  • rchupka87
    rchupka87 Posts: 543 Member
    Options

So my question here would be - what kind of cardio do you do for those 30 extra minutes? I don't have a gym membership - or any kind of fitness equipment at home. Would walking for 30 minutes kick up my weight loss?
  • mississippi_queen
    mississippi_queen Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    bump
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    OMG! The results in even only 10 days can be huge, if you follow the plan. It's worth the money and worth the pain for the results you get! 4 inches lost in just 10 days for me!