65 pounds

Options
jrogersj
jrogersj Posts: 115 Member
So I have lost 65 pounds total. I am not sure if I have a picture from when I was at my heaviest, but I have one from Christmas when I was close to my heaviest. I am so afraid to take new pictures for comparison because I am afraid I won't see any change. Any words of advice to help me overcome this?

Replies

• shmunster
    shmunster Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Just do it! 65 pounds you will be able to see for sure, and you will be so glad you did it!

Well done :)
  • mrsjennifermaffei
    Options
    There is a noticeable difference for everyone. Dont worry!
  • rjcelmer
    rjcelmer Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    You see yourself every day, so change isn't as noticeable to you as it is to others who don't see you as often. 65lbs is a HUGE accomplishment and even though you feel you don't look any different, you surely do.

Chances are you have seen it somewhere ... in your face would be my guess. That's where it seems most people see it first. Don't be afraid! This journey is an accomplishment that you should be PROUD of.
  • pg1girl
    pg1girl Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That is fantastic! Definitely post your pics and be proud!
  • tantrum69
    tantrum69 Posts: 16
    Options
    Pictures are a far better way than just using a scale to see your progress. Alot of people obssess over their weight on a scale and not by how they feel and more importantly how they look.
  • jrogersj
    jrogersj Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the encouragement! I think I will have my sister help me take some pictures of front and side profiles. I definitely feel like a million bucks, that is no doubt. There are days I think I can see the weight loss in my face, then there are other days where I don't think I can see anything. I am down almost 2 pant sizes (I could fit into smaller pants, just haven't went and bought them yet) and all of my clothes are fitting much looser. This is better than I felt in high school.
  • NiniLeeMarie
    Options
    Great job! You've worked hard to lose those 65lbs you should reward yourself for it by seeing what all that hard work has done! (:
  • Lexymom
    Lexymom Posts: 28
    Options
    You have worked SO incredibly hard and come so very far!!! Reward yourself!!! With pictures and pants!!! :) You'll be glad you took them!! If you're down more than 2 pants sizes there is DEFINITELY visible change!! :)

By the way... I am SO SO SOOOO proud of you!! You're amazing!!!
  • exlaxref
    exlaxref Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Definitely do the pictures! I can't tell you how motivating it is to see the difference.
  • klynn81
    klynn81 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    DO IT!!! We look at ourselves in the mirror every day and it's hard to see the changes. I felt the same way a week ago and did some comparison pictures and was a bit flabbergasted by what I saw staring back at me. Congrats on the 65lbs!!
  • dfranco_rr
    dfranco_rr Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    65lbs, thats great! keep it up!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!