My first NSV!!

Options
ssweet1020
ssweet1020 Posts: 50 Member
I started C25K, I'm on week 1 day 2....and I'm NOT dead!!!! I swore running would kill me. I have been a smoker for over 10 years (just quit) and thought there was no way i could jog for more then 10 seconds at a time.

Sorry, I know it isn't much, but I am very proud of myself!

Replies

• nemsmom
    nemsmom Posts: 48
    Options
    You should be proud, way to go!
  • proudtexan71
    proudtexan71 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    You have every right to be proud. Keep up the great work!
  • tlinval
    tlinval Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    SUPER!!! That's a LOT to be proud of!! :flowerforyou:
  • sidra1446
    sidra1446 Posts: 32
    Options
    You should be proud, I'm only on week 1 finished day 3 and its amazing how much you can get in just a couple sessions even if I still run turtle slow.
  • LaylaSparkles
    Options
    That is so super wonderful. I think running is one of the hardest exercises people sometimes take on if they are new to it and the fact that you are doing so well, is so very great!!
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Be very proud of that! Great job!
  • ssweet1020
    ssweet1020 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys!! I actually did day 2, 1 1/2 times today. I was doing on the track at the YMCA and the app on my phone froze when I was 1/2 way through, so when I got home my neighbor/best friend and I did it from start to finish. Neddless to say I F'in hurt. i need a massage....bad
  • fluffymcfluffster
    fluffymcfluffster Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Jogging is not easy. The program is great. I started on my own before I heard of it but did a modified version. Just being able to jog short distances or for a set time, etc is great! Feed off the good feeling to keep going! I am now (slow and not comfortable with it) at 5 miles three times a week. It takes me an hour and get passed all the time but the feeling of being able to do it makes me want to keep going! That is a great NSV!
  • Hilary75
    Hilary75 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Congrats on quitting. I smoked for just about 10 years too and I know it's not easy. Keep up the awesome work and yes, get a massage!
  • Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 7
    Options
    What a great victory! I started running a few years ago to help with weight loss. Then I gained it all back (sigh) and now I'm back to running and logging with MFP. I ran my first half marathon in January. You can do it!!!! Sometimes it is just getting out the door and taking the first steps :happy: Keep it up!
  • kristypie
    kristypie Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Keep at it! I am a big fan of C25k and just graduated a month ago. You can do it, I promise!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!