Ensure as a Meal Replacement

Options
I was drinking slim-fast as a meal replacement, but it was not very filling for me. I also tried Atkins shake and again, it's not very filling. When I tried Ensure, it felt more filling then the others, but it has a lot more sugar.

I'm curious to know if anyone has used Ensure as a meal replacement and your thoughts on it.

Replies

• Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I just eat food for my meals.
  • chuckyp
    chuckyp Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Hospitals use it as a meal replacement for people who can't have solid foods, so I would guess it's probably pretty adequate. My dad lived exclusively on Ensure for months when he had terminal esophageal cancer and had to eat through a tube directly into his stomach.
  • StrengthIsBeautiful
    StrengthIsBeautiful Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I just eat food for my meals.

I agree. Food is best.
  • muitobem
    muitobem Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I never tried Protein Shakes for any type of meal replacement...I use them for my inbetween snacks as long as they don't go over 200 calories...they have to be high in protein and low sugar/low carb...
  • jlewis2896
    jlewis2896 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I can't do the whole meal replacement thing, I just like to eat!

But my mom was put on Ensure when she lost her appetite for health reasons, so I believe it is nutritionally adequate.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    I was drinking slim-fast as a meal replacement, but it was not very filling for me. I also tried Atkins shake and again, it's not very filling. When I tried Ensure, it felt more filling then the others, but it has a lot more sugar.

I'm curious to know if anyone has used Ensure as a meal replacement and your thoughts on it.

Do you see the trend?
  • tatzkee
    tatzkee Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I used Ensure with Fiber back last year. I had a drastic weight loss for about 5 pounds in a week by just drinking it. The only problem with it is that, your mouth is craving for something to chew or probably looking for a different taste. It's also temporary. You can't go out with friends by drinking the meal replacement with your friends eating normal. Just saying. :)