New: Late twenties rock chick with wobbly bits!

Options
First day of my new healthy self! Wish me luck! :p

I really want to find people that know how it feels to be embarassed to go jogging IN PUBLIC! and people that are fed up of missing out on all the fun because they are too shy/quiet/scared/ self conscious.... cus the people I know, they just dont get it! :p

Facebook bores me, everyone on my account just wants to post pictures of cats smiling or doing weird things and all the people I know in 'real' life are at work, I have some time off so I thought I would find a network of lovely people that I can relate to! and isnt obsessed with smiling cats ;p

Hope you all have a good day, talk to most of you soon I hope! x

Replies

• RedKH
    RedKH Posts: 58
    Options
    Just read your post and your page, I hope you can get on track and love yourself again the way you did before :-)

This site has been a great help to me and the message boards are full of supportive people, the success stories are just so inspirational too!

Good luck and feel free to add me if you like

Kristie in England x
  • tanga_gurl
    tanga_gurl Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hey and congrats on your first day, im fairly new myself into week 3 I think!

And yes I know how that feels, which is why I dont do it lol, I invested in a cross trainer or elliptical trainer as some call it and its great.

Feel free to add me if you like =)
  • KellieLouise84
    Options
    Hi, welcome to MFP!! Know exactly how you feel about jogging in public!! Good luck with the weight loss and everything else you aim to achieve! Feel free to add me if you'd like.
  • kerrylmills
    Options
    i am 30 and i know exactly what you mean, i absolutely hate trying to jog in public, i feel so self conscious my friend (who is a lot smaller than me) loves jogging and has encouraged me to do it and i have although i wont do it in daylight! I fear people staring at me seeing me struggling as my body wobbles and my face gets bright red (almost purple) so its something i still struggle with. I have just joined a gym and i am facing my fears of working out in groups i feared i would be the biggest most unfit person and it would be full of skinny confident fit people!! And of course its not there's all different types of people all different shapes and sizes with different levels of fitness! And most people with one thing in common - a desire to change their bodies and improve their fitness. good luck with your journey feel free to add me
  • k011185
    k011185 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Oh my word! The cats! They never stop!
    I'm more of a late 20's jazz chick, but plenty of wobbly bits :) I'm also relatively new here, but loving it so far!
    Feel free to add me, and the best of luck to you on this step in your life.
  • niffydee
    niffydee Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I hate working out in public. Last time I was trying to lose weight (and was successful at it too!) I worked out with 30 Day Shred at home but this time around I joined a gym. I feel comfortable being seen sweaty and completely red-faced there bc no one is looking at me at all and I am not wearing my glasses so even if they are looking, I can't see them!
    Good luck! I like that you have promised yourself the reward of the motorbike! That's a great incentive! I have just started on here a week ago and am hoping to continue on until I get into a shape that pleases me (and even after that!).

Also,
    I love cats ^_^ but I keep my MFP cat-free.
  • ToEKnee213
    ToEKnee213 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    I love your tattoos!

No cats here, just a lot of people with the same mindset as you :smile:

I wish you best of luck with your goals, we will keep you on track if you let us!