Wobbly inner thighs.

Options
Leo247
Leo247 Posts: 20 Member
I'm losing weight nicely and toning up with kettlebells and some cardio. My tummy, arms and behind are looking firmer and I have lost inches everywhere but still my inner thighs are very wobbly. I need to brave a bikini in less than 3 weeks!!! Anyone have any good exercises to target this area?

Replies

• ciel9
    ciel9 Posts: 15
    Options
    me too! i've lost the most inches off my waist so now i have a well-defined waist... but those wobbly inner thighs have not budged much. When i squeeze those fleshy bits, it's amazing how much fats there are!
  • secoke
    secoke Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue! I think I managed to even move some of the fat from my chest to my inner thighs lol!
  • salxtai
    salxtai Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Just keep working at it, there's no mystery cure for flabby/wobbly parts

spot-reduction doesn't work, but you can do more quad/hamstring/glute/abductor group work to force the are to tone up

ultimately though, the body fat percentage will determine the amount of wobbliness -- remember that women have a tendency to store fat in the thigh/hip area, while guys tend to have more problems iwth abdominal fat.

Women also have a bit harder of a time losing weight because the body's natural physiological use of fat is to support a pregnancy, if it were to happen (it doesn't follow any of your own mental plans to have a kid in x or y years -its just always prepared). [there's studies about this somewhere but too lazy to go look for them - google scholar is your friend :) ]
  • nicolekrummel
    Options
    not sure what the machine is called at the gym, but basically you have two pads in between your legs and you squeeze them together. this is great for the inner thighs. also, its old school, ut another option is laying on the ground on your side and doing the good old fashion leg left. to do the inner thigh, take a look at this picture. easier then me explaining it. i do 50 on each leg and im burning pretty good by the end. http://health.howstuffworks.com/wellness/diet-fitness/exercise/leg-exercises5.htm
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    Squat.

Squat

Squat

Deadlift

Squat
  • sunshinekind919
    sunshinekind919 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm dealing with this same problem and all of the exercises mentioned will help tone the muscles under the "wobbly" parts, but the only way to burn off fat is through cardio. Any way you can add more cardio would be helpful. I've been training for a 5k and endurance running has been great for slimming my legs.
  • s_waser
    s_waser Posts: 92
    Options
    Bump
  • Leo247
    Leo247 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the answers and good to know I'm not alone. I've only lost 16lbs but I really don't look overweight anymore although to be lower bmi I need to lose another 19lb but will probably stop at 14. I'm walking loads but can't run unfortunately and doing loads of squats and lunges. Just found this video on youtube and tried the exercise and can really feel it on my inner thighs so here's hoping!.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rk8Z5KACVK8&feature=relmfu