EXERCISE POLL HELP

Options
pomjt
pomjt Posts: 47 Member
ok people need some advise ... i have worked out every day and really pushed myself to the limits yesterday and it felt great .. today i have woke up and im exhausted my muscles hurt so .. do i
A.. work through it and do my morning training still or
B.. give my body a rest today

Replies

• tania2287
    tania2287 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I believe in listening to your body. I do believe in giving my body rest days where l do not workout as much. Most days I workout for 3 hours. And on one day a fortnight or so l will have a rest day and workout only for 30 minutes to 1 hours.

So just listen to your body l think.
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Worked out every day for how long? Three days? A week? A month?
  • tania2287
    Options

I workout 7 days a week.

But once a fortnight will have a rest day and workout for only 30mins to 1 hour
  • tania2287
    Options

I workout 7 days a week. For the last 3 months

But once a fortnight will have a rest day and workout for only 30mins to 1 hour
  • marydb0000
    Options
    I'm a huge advocate of listening to the cues your body is giving you. An easy walk today and lots of water will help flush the lactic acid from the muscles that are sore. Pushing too hard will lead to injury and burn-out. Just my experience, of course. Others may disagree!
  • tania2287
    Options
    I'm a huge advocate of listening to the cues your body is giving you. An easy walk today and lots of water will help flush the lactic acid from the muscles that are sore. Pushing too hard will lead to injury and burn-out. Just my experience, of course. Others may disagree!

Good advise here l think
  • pomjt
    Options
    I AM VERY NEW TO WORKING OUT AND HAVE DONE HALF HOUR CIRCUIT TRAINING A DAY WHICH I AM COMFY WITH AND REALLY PUSH MY SELF TILL I AM SWEATING BUCKETS ...
    I WORK OUT DAILY , BUT ON A TUEDAYS I DO THREE WORK OUTS I DO MY CIRCUIT IN THE MORNIING AND WALK MID AFTERNOON THEN HOUR OF STREET DANCE EARLY EVENING ..
    I KNOW FOR SOME PEOPLE THIS MAY SEEM AS NOT MUCH BUT I HAVE GONE FROM DOING NONE TO ALL THIS ...
    NORMALLY I HAVE PUSHED THROUGH THE TIREDNESS BUT TODAY JUST SEEMS DIFFERENT .#
    BUT IS IT MY BODY TELLING ME ITS WORKING ????
  • pomjt
    Options
    I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO LOSS WEIGHT AND CREATE A HEALTHIER LIFESTYLE FOR JUST OVER THREE WEEKS NOW
  • salxtai
    salxtai Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    DOMS isn't a sign of injury - push through it if you can

Stretching routine after work-outs isn't a bad idea either
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Your body needs rest days to recover, they're just as important as the days you work out. Take it easy today, maybe some walking but not much more than that. Your routine should include a rest day every week, especially if you've only started your fitness program recently.
  • pomjt
    Options
    i think i am only feeling it today as normally i rest at the weekends but didnt this weekend as felt lost with out doing some work out plus i did extras yesterday ...so maybe i pushed my self to far
  • akyraj2006
    akyraj2006 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    i believe you should allow your body to rest at least 1 day out of the week. i used to try to workout for weeks at a time and i would burn out! the rest days gives your muscles time to heal because we are causing minor damage when we workout... :wink:
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Do some nice Hatha yoga. Stretch out those achy muscles a bit. Don't push too hard.
  • thekarens
    thekarens Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Only you can tell if you really need a day off. I work out 6 days a week. There are plenty of days when I think I'm just too tired, but I push through it. I might not workout as hard on those days, but I do work out. Now joint pain such as a knee or foot injury is a different matter. I have a bad knee and if that's hurting I still work out, but do something that isn't so strenous on the knees.
  • beachdiva2010
    beachdiva2010 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Your body needs rest days to recover, they're just as important as the days you work out. Take it easy today, maybe some walking but not much more than that. Your routine should include a rest day every week, especially if you've only started your fitness program recently.

Excellent Advice!! It almost sounds as if you're trying to do too much too soon and will burn out? Congrats on making healthy lifestyle changes!!! Try a routine (like Jillian Michaels Body Revolution) that has constant changes and challenges, while working at a steady pace. And definitely give yourself one day to rest (mine is Sunday). It will not come off over night, but it will happen!!

Good luck and feel free to add as a friend for motivation!!
  • joannes68
    joannes68 Posts: 12
    Options
    One of the trainers at the gym I go to said to do my circuit training every other day to allow the muscles to rest.. but if I do go to the gym on a non circuit training day to do cardio only for at least an hour minumum... so just walk today - no one will think your slacking..
  • QueenB985
    QueenB985 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I really believe in listening to your body. Some mornings after pushing myself I knew I am totally exhausted and my body is begging for a break and other mornings I am sore and know I just need to push through it. Either option I choose I always feel better afterwards. So listen to your body, and don't feel guilty if you skip a day to rest.