Calories in booze!

Options
So, I know that when you're trying to diet, the best advice is to stay away from alcohol....

But, if I do want to have a drink on a special occasion etc, which is the best option to go for?

Rum and Diet Coke?
Gin and Tonic?
White wine spritzer?
....something else?

Advice please from other dieters who like the odd drink! :D x

Replies

• LemonSocks
    LemonSocks Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Gin and slimline tonic! 50ish calories a glass! Lovely!

But I usually just ignore everything and drink wine. :D but gin would be my advice, anyway.
  • Galish
    Galish Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Yeah, to be honest i usually think "sod it!" on a night out and end up drinking all manner of sugary-ness!!
    But i do actually love a good g+t so perhaps thats the way forward for my Dad's 50th party this weekend :D
  • Heidi_M78
    Heidi_M78 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I have been having beer shandies made with 1/3 Light beer and 2/3 sprite zero or 7up free.
    white wine spritzer is a good option as well
  • tinawharrison
    Options
    I love my JD and diet coke, 50ish calories too, malibu and diet coke is 50ish too :)
    I love my pints of lager and lime, they are a biiiig no no :(

Happy partying! :smile:
  • Shellitz
    Shellitz Posts: 188
    Options
    I have learned to drink my spirits with soda water! DRASTICALLY reduces the cal intake. My fave is Sothern Comfort with soda and a wedge of lime.
  • CaseRat
    CaseRat Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I generally go with vodka and diet pub squash or creaming soda :) Only around 60 cals a glass.
  • CaseRat
    CaseRat Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I generally go with vodka and diet pub squash or creaming soda :) Only around 60 cals a glass.
  • nero82
    nero82 Posts: 27
    Options
    Anything where you aren't adding needless cals to the actual alcohol.
    Remember alcohol itself is high cal... so if your plan is to get a bit smooshed, you are going to be taking in a generous amount of cals just in alcohol. Try not to waste your cals on things like high sugar soft drink mixers. Stick to things mixed with soda or tonic, or even just plain wine. If your plan is to just be social, try going for light alcohol. Light beers or drinks with a small bit of alcohol and lots of soda.
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    Rum and coke is 250cals for 12 oz. as long as you maintain your cal goal any are fine.:drinker:
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I like vodka, soda, fresh lime and fresh mint. It's low sugar, high octane.
  • frankiesats
    frankiesats Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I gave up drinking for six months and have noticed huge changes in my body and general mood etc. It's great. Going out for the first time this weekend - will be sticking to one or two vodka/diet cokes!!