Quick Low cal Smoothies

Options
MinkyMoo13
MinkyMoo13 Posts: 354 Member
Hi i'm looking for quick and easy low cal smoothies i can make in the morning. I've googled some receipes but am just looking for basic ingrdeients that i can pop in the blender quickly whizz up and have before work.

Idealy i would like them to be mostly fruit and no more then 200 cals. Is there kind of like a basis all smoothies follow i.e. so much low fat yoghurt and add what ever fruit you want?

I know there is anothe topic on smoothies but these seem to be more specalist or veg smoothies.

Thanks

Replies

• katem78
    katem78 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Great Idea....

i'm curious too...

anyone?
  • v2embee
    v2embee Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Is this going to be your breakfast? :S ...

One frozen banana, almond milk, a handful of spinach, and some ice cubes. Blend.
    Frozen berries, almond milk, ice cubes. Blend.

You can add yoghurt if you want as well, but I don't know if it'd come out under 200 calories.
    If you're willing to go up a notch, I'd add PB to the first one.
  • tallulah53
    Options
    I make Whey Protein Green Smoothies every morning. But they are not under 200 calories. So I made it smaller and cut out the whey for you

Zico - Pure Coconut Water, 4 oz. 17 4 0 0
    Wawona - Festival Blend Mixed Fruit, 1 cup 70 17 0 1
    Kale - Raw, 2 cup, chopped 67 13 1 4
    Add Food Quick Tools 154 34 1 5

Coconut Water 4 oz...frozen fruit of your choice 1 cup.....2 cups raw kale (stems removed) you can buy this in a bag all cleaned so you just grab a couple handfuls
  • MinkyMoo13
    Options
    Great Idea....

i'm curious too...

anyone?

I have seen some real simple receipes that just involvd Ice, Low fat yoghurt and fruit i'll get you a link if i can find them again. I don't want to be out buying lots of exotic ingredients that i wouldn't usually stock.
  • katem78
    Options
    I guess summer that we have a lot more fruits will be more easy.
    well i am greek and the place is full of tasty fruits to make smoothies.
    My husband doesnt' like milk but i think some frozen yogurt with fruits( we buy yougurt with fruits from the supermarket but i guess it's a lot of sugar in them and conservatives) with just some brown sugar added will be better for both of us.
  • MinkyMoo13
    Options
    check this site out lots of simple receipes using Milk or Frozen Yoghurt or Soy

http://www.smoothie-recipes.com/healthy/

Let me know if you come across any yummy ones! Only problem is they don't confirm calorie content but i'm sure I could work it out from the ingredients.
  • Fay84Vegan
    Fay84Vegan Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Personally my favorite smoothie is Banana

1 Large Banana
    1/2 cup light soya milk
    pinch of cinnamon

A good morning boost smoothie is Green Monster

1 handful of Spinach
    1 TBSP of Flax seeds
    1 Pear
    1 Banana
    1/2 cup of light Soya milk 1/4 cup Water
    Ice if you want too

Tastes gorgeous and you get the added goodness of Spinach and Flax seed without the taste! :heart:
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Pineapplle, blueberries, strawberries and red grape juice all together is wonderful and filling x
  • katem78
    Options
    well it has a lot of them..different categories. i will check out and let you know!!