Anyone else always feel cold while losing weight?

Options
2»

Replies

• ericapage
    ericapage Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    This site just keeps getting more and more useful to me! I'm so glad to know I'm not a freak! LOL... I'm normally hot all of the time. Ever since I started eating less I have been FREEZING! Especially my hands and feet. My husband thinks I'm crazy. I'll have to show him this. :grumble:
  • christopherpm
    christopherpm Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Glad to see it's not just me....
  • missa1989
    Options
    Im in australia its been 30-40 degrees celcius each day ive felt cooler after losing weight than i did before during the heat waves we get :)
  • 13joanne
    13joanne Posts: 59
    Options
    I'm freezing right now :/
  • jgondor
    jgondor Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    lol i thought i was just turning into my mother, who is always naturally cold. nice to know that this is more common than i thought!
  • kandrews24
    kandrews24 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Definately. And athletes are cold after workouts as well. I've come to appreciate the cold (like I appreciate sore muscles). It is a sign that I'm doing something right!!!
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    I get cold all the time too. And it's not just a feeling of cold, it's where my fingertips are freezing, my toes are freezing. But I'm also anemic constantly, which is fairly common for women trying to lose weight.

I've had this for years (both anemia and the cold fingers/toes). Sometimes those go hand in hand without the weight loss. Nevertheless, losing weight has made me INCREDIBLY core-cold; I'm tucking my legs up into my hoodie in class to keep from freezing when other people are starting to whine about heat. I wasn't that bad with anemia at 125, so it doesn't add up that I'm worse at 153 without the weight loss factor.
  • KirbyBearCave
    KirbyBearCave Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm the guy who normally (for the last 20+ years) wears shorts and T-shirt year-round in Illinois. In our house, heat and A/C set for all 4 of us to be comfortable, and for me, it translates to shorts. That's been the norm for me forever. However, after losing 50 pounds in the last 11 months, things have changed for me dramatically. This winter, I have FROZEN hands and feet while sitting still. At desk job work (or home watching TV) I now wear hat and gloves, plus blankets and hoodies at home. My cold hands have motivated me to read through web posts like this. I'm next likely heading to my doctor to see if something else is going on, like iron levels, blood pressure, or anemia. Funny thing is, I still (eagerly) go on long walks in winter time, but it's sitting still that freezes me! I'm hoping to find this is just a temporary "adjustment phase" my body is undergoing!