30 Day Shred Advice?

Options
Well I bit the bullet and started 30 Day Shred this morning! nearly 5 hours later and my legs are still rather wobbly and my arms feel really tight! Not hurting or aching as such just feel tight!

I am looking at doing the 30 Day Shred every morning Monday through to Friday and have the weekends off (I am quite busy over the weekends) is it ok to do it this way? Am hoping to continue to lose the lbs following the WW Pro Points and the inches with 30DS

Any good advice to do this?

Jen x

Replies

• sarajo16
    sarajo16 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    The first time I did this dvd my legs were so tight for about 2 days! Make sure to do the cool down unless you know better stretches. It gets easier :) I'm addicted to her dvd's, I feel guilty now if I miss a day. I try to do it 5-6 times a week too.
  • Jenjaz1910
    Jenjaz1910 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Thanks hun, still feeling, but I suppose tomorrow will be the real tester! I wonder if I will be able to move in the morning lol x
  • EvaJ20
    EvaJ20 Posts: 33
    Options
    I read another post one time that said Jillian intended for people to do the shred 2 days on, one day of cardio, 2 days on, one day of rest, 1 day on. I thought this might be helpful. :)
  • Jenjaz1910
    Options
    Thanks, I am going to do day 2 tomorrow, day 3 I may not be able to do as I have hospital tomorrow and not sure if I will be allowed to workout on Friday so if not I will then do day 3 on Monday and then onwards through till friday then 2 days off x
  • Loraleli
    Loraleli Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I like the idea of 2 days on and 1 day off and then 2 days. If you take 2 days off consecutively you feel like to you have just started new all over again. I am going to try th 2days on and 1 off. I am on week 2. This is my second time around trying her tape. I am more motivated now. Can anyone tell me how to track this tape in mfp? Good Luck!
  • Jenjaz1910
    Options
    I will try and just have the Saturday off then! Only problem is this week due to hospital tomorrow. But fingers crossed I can workout on Friday :) x
  • JeBitchy23
    Options
    i did 7 days straight then felt i needed to get some good sleep and rest the next day, the day i was supposed to do day8 i walked for 35-40 minutes on bumpy terrain in the heat in jeans...so again i went to sleep. i was wiped after that. and i figured my effort would be half assed if i tried to do it after that. btw...i had to walk home from work....imagine my crabbiness. lol. tonight we start back up. i am wondering if doing this in the morning is a better idea. go to bed early and wake up early and workout before showering and going to work. at least on the days i do work. i think it may motivate more during the day to do more housework, walks, etc. i also try to abide by ww..unofficially though. i have a friend who is doing it so i copied her book. i started ww in september 2011 and have only lost 11 pounds total doing that....and thats including volleyball games twice a week. i felt i needed something more so that is why i bought 30ds....and i just bought no more trouble zones to switch it up. since starting 9 days ago i have lost an inch off both calves and two inches off both thighs. however only half an inch off my hips and waist....my worst area. ugh. but i am losing something(not pounds though). hoping once i start level 2 there will be more noticable change
  • Jenjaz1910
    Options
    That's really good! I went from 157lbs down to 141lbs on WW then stopped smoking and went back up to 153lbs but am now down to 149lbs, but like you wanted something to kick me up the bum and help me out! I always workout in the morning, as it is the only time my kids aren't getting under my feet plus by the time I am home from work, done girls dinner and helped with homework etc... I am shattered. So I get up at 5.20am and workout for between 45 and 60 minutes the 30DS is only 20-30 mins (inc warm up and cool down) so I did some stuff with my weights, WII and rowing motion exerciser x
  • trickerson
    Options
    OMG...i had a hard time sitting down for the first couple days after doing that workout. The best way to get through it is to just keep going through the discomfort. Go for a couple days then take a break for a day until your body gets used to it. Thats what I did.
  • JeBitchy23
    Options
    that is awesome jenjaz. such motivation. i think early is the way to go.
  • HWeatherholt
    HWeatherholt Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Just got my 30DS in the mail yesterday.

Not sure if I will start it this week, or wait til this weekend or even Monday.

My plan is to do it on days that I can't make it to the gym. But, still planning on taking my usual rest days.
  • lele104
    lele104 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am hoping to start today/tomorrow! I was going to aim for 5 days a week as well because the weekends get crazy. Maybe I'll try for 2 days this week and then gear up for 5 next week. Thanks all for inspiring me!
  • krodone
    krodone Posts: 10
    Options
    How are yall getting these timelines that show your progress? I've looked all over the app and can't find it