Motavational tips

Options
So im feeln kind of down I have a horriable habbit of eating when im bored throughout the day and when I cant sleep at night . I know its so not good and I really want to lose weight . Gain more energy and feel healthier and better about myaelf. My weakness is snacks. Any motivational tips advice or tricks for replacing snacks or and urge to eat when bored whould be awsome. :)

Replies

• Aryel168
    Aryel168 Posts: 126
    Options
    I try to keep busy- reading, I just learned to crochet, as well. If you can keep busy and keep healthier snacks on hand, that will help. You can add me as a friend if you'd like-- support is also important. :)
  • Roseiesf
    Roseiesf Posts: 5
    Options
    Thank you so much. I will add you. I agree support is vert important!
  • kcragg
    kcragg Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Instead of three meals a day, split your meals into six small meals spread throughout the day. this should keep your blood sugar level and you shouldn't feel hungry.

Remove all unhealthy snacks from the house and replace with healthy snacks, like bananas, Almonds, natural yoghurt and peanut butter.

Good luck, feel free to add me:)
  • WVHeather
    WVHeather Posts: 53
    Options
    I agree with everyone else...keep busy and keep healthy snacks on hand. I had the same problem. Now I am eating about 5-6 small meals a day and I'm never hungry. And support helps too! Feel free to add me as a friend also. Good luck!! You can do this!
  • Sabine321
    Sabine321 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I love snacking too. Keep healthy snacks, for example, carrots, apples, dried fruit, unsweetened cereal, nuts,celery, handy. A friend of mine fixed herself a container with cut up veggies every morning and when she got hungry, just popped some already fixed veggies. And the smaller meal suggestion works too.
    Good luck, you will do fine :)
  • RoboLikes
    RoboLikes Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Log it before you eat it. Seeing the toll on your daily calories before its consumed might stop you from eating in the first place.
  • phillieschic
    Options
    This is a great tip! I do it, too! If I see that I'm about to consume 450 calories on something ridiculous, I either don't eat it or I tell myself to indulge...and then hit the treadmill!
  • jaquwa
    jaquwa Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I plan and log most of my stuff before I eat it, that way I know what i can and can't eat.

Sticking to 6 small meals helps me with snacking, I used to be bad for it in the evenings and at the weekend, now I sticked to what I have planned and it fills me up!

Good luck, feel free to add me!
  • Roseiesf
    Roseiesf Posts: 5
    Options
    Thank you guys so much!! I think I will try to split up my means and hopefully that helps :)
  • jknottage
    jknottage Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Healthy snacks are great, but when I was putting my weight on, it was largely in part to sitting up alone (my husband works overnights), watching tv, and snacking, snacking, and more snacking because I was bored. If you are watching tv, do some exercise instead, I have an elliptical right in my living room, so when the kids are in bed, I jump on. I also have some dumbells, so I can do other exercises with those as well. If you aren't watching tv, and have a video game system, try biggest loser or wii fit, or one of the other "fitness games". Other hobbies are good too, like reading, or whatever makes you happy.... try something new! The key is to replace the snacking habit with a good habit!
  • lacewitch
    lacewitch Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    I would advise planning snacks and if you really have no control ( like me at the beginning) have only 1 days worth of snacks around. If there is any way i can I leave cash and cards at home so I can't get anything as I am trying to look at breaking my bad habits!

I have some healthy snacks at work so if oi do have munchies I have baby raspberry and blueberry rice cakes some fruit and stuff
    and the i have 100% pure liquorice pastilles if I can't stop munching as the taste is so strong it stops me wanting anything else.

green tea or sugar free tea and coffee ( no biscuits) can also help

If the urge to much strikes and the weather is not blizzard, go for a fifteen min ( or more) walk and see if you still want something or phone a friend or do something else for 15 mins

good luck