If you are a 5'9 woman or taller....

Options

Replies

• TeutonicKnight
    TeutonicKnight Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    As a 5'8" tall male I look up to you ladies trying to be healthy. Literally! :)
  • KelliA0628
    KelliA0628 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and as of this morning was 174.6. My ultimate goal is 150 but right now I'm looking to get to 160. When I graduated HS I weighed 130 and definitely looked like I needed a sandwich or 6!!
  • megskee
    megskee Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9", and before I started gaining weight, I was 165 pounds. I was very active- I felt and looked good.
    A lot of people use their BMI to decide what a healthy weight for them is (also, some people don't agree with that- to each their own). It's only one way of measuring, but it's a good way to get an idea to start.
  • musicalpenny
    Options
    I am 5ft 11.5 inches...ok maybe 6ft tall and I just started P90X and the weight that I am most comfortable lifting is 10lb dumbbells..it really should be 8lbs but I could not find any 8 lbs at the time of purchase. However, do what feels comfortable for you. If you're trying to get lean, go light with more reps/sets..15-20 reps and 3 sets of each. I hope it helps..

Have a fabulous day!
  • almc170
    almc170 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and aiming for size 8, which is somewhere around 150 for me.
  • minnesota
    minnesota Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    5'10 and currently 153. My first goal weight was 150, but now that I'm so close I still feel quite large so I'm going to reset it to 145-150. It's so crazy seeing people around my height and weight and they look so much smaller then I do.
  • BlessedandBeautifulBrown
    Options
    I am 5'9 i am looking at 175 or 180
  • Ding724
    Ding724 Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9" and currently weigh 153 & wear size 8 jeans/pants

For me it's more about losing inches and toning than what the scale says, but I'm still shooting to get to 145-148 although I've been happy with my weight since I was about 160ish
  • musicalpenny
    Options
    Me 5...currently 244...and 6ft tall..my doc says 210 is perfect because of my xtra large frame...um..who says that? Anyway, I would rather be under 200 lbs..I will take 199.9 as long as I'm under...
  • PitBullMom_Liz
    PitBullMom_Liz Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Oh god I feel like I'm completely underachieving right now! I'm 5'9" right now and my goal is 180 and then reassess. I can't imagine myself ever getting lower than 170 without looking like a skeleton. I'm very big-boned (seriously, I am! My skeleton is huge! LOL) and I think I'd look skeletal if I went lower than 170. So I'm going to play it by ear. I'll truly be thrilled if I get into a size 10 or 12 - I think that would look very healthy on my build. But I'll play it by ear. :-)
  • tishconnors
    tishconnors Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 10 and I am aiming for 185 or190, been there before and that is small enough for me and very comfortable as I am large boned and soon to be 49. Age has to factor in there somewhere...good luck!
    :smile:
  • stephm112
    stephm112 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"9 in the morning, 5"8 in the evening lol (good old gravity) but I'm going to comment anyway haha. I started off 241lbs, I'm currently 187lbs and aiming for about 170lbs (size 12-14 uk) I don't want to be thin, I love my bum and curves and I think it will be easier for me to maintain.
  • monroe61
    monroe61 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10 and currently weight 226 (as of this morning) and my goal is to get down to 173 (weird number but that would give me a total loss of 80lbs and but me just into the healthy BMI range (I think)

Good luck to all the ladies on here :)
  • rocknmommaof6
    Options
    When I get under 135lbs, being 5'9" I completely loose my toosh and YES I look like I need to eat a cheeseburger. :wink:
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    5 10. Started at 223. Now 210. Goal is 180 at the moment and then we'll see how I look there. I looked great at 190 when I was there, but I went back to my mountain dew habit.
  • ExploreLoveRide
    Options
    I'm 5'10", and I'm currently about 155 lbs. I'm looking to get down to 140-ish, if I can, but I'd be happy at 150 even.

Good luck to everyone!!
  • pollyp123
    pollyp123 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11 and when I lost a lot weight before I got to around 150lbs and I looked way too skinny, far too many bony bits. I think I look best at around 160lbs, that means I'm a UK size 10-12.
  • FionaNiConnor
    FionaNiConnor Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and my GW is 200lbs. I started at 280lbs and am currently in the high 240's. I am aiming for that 200lbs mark, but once I get there I will reassess my goals.
  • Spence_
    Spence_ Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10", and I'm currently about 155 lbs. I'm looking to get down to 140-ish, if I can, but I'd be happy at 150 even.

Good luck to everyone!!

Pretty similar to me! I'm 5'10" and currently 152ish... looking to get down to 140, too :) Tis tough. Good luck!
  • luvsoda
    luvsoda Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am 5'10
    When I go married (young) I was below 125 (Bit of a hard body stick)
    First Kid in my twenties130 (I flunked Gym never athletic in school and still never excersized)
    Second kid now in thirties 140 (appreciating my height, after years of being teased, I hide a baby bump at least a few extra months)
    Third kid mid thirties 145 (too busy just microwave what ever came in a package no activities other than cleaning up)
    Turn 40 living over 150 It eams each kid I gained 10 pounds (never to look back).
    I am tall and BMI always healthy.
    My same height hubby (bad BMI but different body type) and I have developed some sedentary routines too tired after work kids etc.
    Ice cream before bed. Different wines and liquers along with learning new (fatting) foods to make from scratch. Becoming more home bodies. Plus still no excersize.
    So I will never be pre kids or even where I was in my 30's but I can try to be my best.
    So my goal is to maintain a healthy bmi and have a positive impact on those around me. (HUBBY PLEASE READ)
    I have been here just a few days :flowerforyou: I am excited for the possibilites.