Lean Cuisines

Options
TylerJ76
TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
I realize that everyone says that eating processed meals are not good for you.

That being said, I like Lean Cuisines, they taste good, are convenient for lunch at work, and are decent in calories.

What are your thoughts??

Replies

• Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    I like them too for the same reasons but I find I have to watch my sodium the rest of the day when I eat them
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    I think they are OK occasionally for a fast convenient meal and offer portion control. But, overall they aren't really healthy so I got out of the habit of eating them much anymore. They aren't as filling as things you can eat for the same amount of calories.
  • peasantgirly
    peasantgirly Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I think they are OK occasionally for a fast convenient meal and offer portion control. But, overall they aren't really healthy so I got out of the habit of eating them much anymore. They aren't as filling as things you can eat for the same amount of calories.

300 calories is nice until you have to eat 4 of them to feel full! :laugh:
  • kace406
    kace406 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I like to have a few around for days when we haven't been grocery shopping in awhile or I'm running late, but in general, everyone is right. You can get much better nutrition (and way less sodium) by eating other things. The convenience factor can definitely outweigh that at times though, that's for sure.
  • mstefport
    Options
    I agree with you but watch the sodium intake on a regular basis with the store bought meals. You will hold fluid. I eat them only once or twice a week. :)
  • Michele7091
    Michele7091 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

300 calories is nice until you have to eat 4 of them to feel full! :laugh:
    [/quote]

I was thinking the same thing! One does nothing for me. So I just steer clear of them. Every once in a while I get one of the pizzas but I still have that WITH something else.
  • chriscleary
    Options
    they are ok in moderation but the salt is a killer for your heart. watch that.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I use these sometimes, I usually add a serving of veggies to make it go further. Just up your water intake and watch sodium the rest of the day and you're good to go.
  • hope516
    hope516 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I :heart: :heart: :heart: them for lazy days when I get home late and don't feel like cooking. It is not something I would eat everyday. As everyone else has stated they are really, really ~REALLY~ high in sodium. And not to mention it is very rare that just one alone will make me feel full if I am very hungry. I usually pair mine with some form of cooked veggie to round out the meal a little better and help me feel more full. Another reason I am not fond of them is because they can get expensive as compared to whole foods. but the convenience is worth it sometimes.
  • KPainter70
    KPainter70 Posts: 152
    Options
    I used to eat them, but like many others said, the sodium is a killer. Plus I really prefer to make my own food and eat simpler. I find that without the sauces and LC extras, I can actually eat a greater volume of food.
  • cydonian
    cydonian Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I bring them to work for lunch with a portion of veggies/salad and/or fruit to help balance. I also drink a fair amount of water so the sodium does not bother me. I will bring stuff from home but I honestly don't have time to always prepare something. I don't find them to be that bad as they are preservative free now (most of them) and I rarely ever go over on my sodium levels or anywhere close.