For me a huge victory

Options
LisaVld34
LisaVld34 Posts: 63 Member
This past week has presented me with challenging sad times with a ton of drama at home and last night I sat on the couch NOT hungry and wanting to shove chocolates in my face but with a desire to get to my Zumba class! What a huge successful feeling, it brought me to tears that I succeeded in having a hugely stressful week but didn't get the urge to stress eat. I am leaning on my exercise as my stress outlet. Yay me.

Replies

• kitkat4141
    kitkat4141 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    That is quite an accomplishment. You SHOULD be proud!
  • Cristy_AZ
    Cristy_AZ Posts: 986
    Options
    That's an awesome victory!! AND I'm sure you found the exercise actually helps reduce the stress instead of adding to it like emotional eating would!! Way to deal!
  • LisaVld34
    Options
    Thank you, today is a good day :)
  • WVHeather
    WVHeather Posts: 53
    Options
    Good for you! That's awesome! :flowerforyou:
  • iaemmy
    iaemmy Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Yay you! One of the reasons I love Zumba is that it makes me happy every.single.time.
  • Elizabeth_M
    Elizabeth_M Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    So awesome, when your mindset and way of dealing with things is changed!! Good for you!!!!!
  • carrie1013
    carrie1013 Posts: 129
    Options
    that is definitely a HUGE victory. Cognrats!
  • cbeutler
    cbeutler Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    That is a huge win.
  • lacewitch
    lacewitch Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    This past week has presented me with challenging sad times with a ton of drama at home and last night I sat on the couch NOT hungry and wanting to shove chocolates in my face but with a desire to get to my Zumba class! What a huge successful feeling, it brought me to tears that I succeeded in having a hugely stressful week but didn't get the urge to stress eat. I am leaning on my exercise as my stress outlet. Yay me.

amazing and well done.
    you can feel great about yourself.
  • EnthusiaLove
    Options
    I heard this wonderful saying from weight watchers. If hunger did not cause it-eating will not fix it! I am so proud of you. Your gaining mastery over your body and your life. Keep up the good work and go get a nice massage. You deserve it!
  • Bonnieelizabeth
    Bonnieelizabeth Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB! I hear you you just have to keep replacing the stress with a positive enforcement. :smile:
  • phillieschic
    Options
    Okay, so admittedly, I picture my ex-husband's face on the track of my treadmill. Bad, I know...

Did I mention that I run 3 miles a day though? :)
  • darylinny
    darylinny Posts: 146
    Options
    Congrats! That is a big victory! I find that activity versus eating let's me work through stress as well.
  • lacewitch
    lacewitch Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    I heard this wonderful saying from weight watchers. If hunger did not cause it-eating will not fix it! I am so proud of you. Your gaining mastery over your body and your life. Keep up the good work and go get a nice massage. You deserve it!
    that's a great saying. I might Have to put that up on my wall
  • LisaVld34
    Options

Love this, now I just have to save my pennies for that massage :)
  • Talialala
    Talialala Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    So proud and such an encouraging snippet! You are doing wonderful! thank you for giving me courage and motivating me to be successfull as well in fighting the cravings! :)
  • dctina
    dctina Posts: 5
    Options
    Awesome!! You chose a MUCH more effective and healthy way of handling your stress! You should be proud!
  • LisaVld34
    Options
    Small accomplishment but meant so much to me. Thanks everyone.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!