Excercise calories?

Options
sooo i have about 100 calories left for a normal day but then over 1,000 for extra excercise calories, for some reason i worked out ALOT today, i was wondering how many of those i actually NEED to eat ims oo confused lol i need help!

Replies

9726172000 Posts: 428
    Options
    You should eat some of them back atleast. Try eatting half of them and later you'll be able to have a snack if you feel like it
  • strawberry25shortcake
    strawberry25shortcake Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I would suggest eating if you feel hungry and not eating just to replace calories...
  • ljkelly
    ljkelly Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You should make sure you do not have too many calories left over at the end of the day. When I first started to lose weight I did not count any of my exercise calories. After about three weeks, I was beginning to feel run down all the time and my exercise routine was getting harder to complete. After I began using those calories, I felt much better and continued to lose at a rate of 1 to 2 pounds a week.

If your calorie deficit is too great, you metabolism can also slow down to compensate.
  • kellygirl5538
    kellygirl5538 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I just started two weeks ago with 1200 calories and lost 8 pounds. I have not been eating my exercise calories and this is mistake. Today I tried to work out and ran out of steam.......which never happens to me.
  • hdawg
    hdawg Posts: 28
    Options
    I too started off not eating my exercise calories, and it caught up with me. At about 5 pm each day I could barely get off the couch I was so tired and fatigued. I have been feeling much better since I started eating them. :)
  • parrotlover
    parrotlover Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    what did you do today to burn 1000 cals? Good for you !
  • MaryinBflo
    MaryinBflo Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Eat at LEAST half of them. There is some good posts on these boards about why you should eat them.

Check out this post if you haven't already

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10589-for-those-confused-or-questioning-eating-your-exercise-calo
  • SaraWo24
    SaraWo24 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I, too, would like to know what you did to burn 1000! Good for you!
  • jesp1216
    jesp1216 Posts: 100
    Options
    I, too, would like to know what you did to burn 1000! Good for you!

lol i ran for like 2 hours str8, at my weight it burns a good amoutn of calories :D i also went for really long walks, but yup thats about it i just run alot and it all adds up hahah
  • mjkon
    mjkon Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Like several of the other posters, I also had to bump up my calories, and I've found it really helpful to eat something with carbs and protein an hour before my workout. I almost never eat my workout calories though--is there a minimum you need to avoid starvation mode? How do they lose so fast on 'The Biggest Loser'? Not that I'm trying for that type of rapid weight loss, but I would like to hit a healthy balance.