breathing trouble and HRM

Options
Hey all! I've got a Polar RS300X and I absolutely LOVE it! I've been using it when working out for about 3 months now, and I'm starting to notice that the chest strap makes it hard to breathe? I've loosened it a lot, rearranged it, even bought new sports bras in hopes that it was that. Sometimes, the day after working out with the chest strap, I still have problems deeply inhaling and expanding my chest. I also think that during my workout I subconsciously don't push myself as hard because I feel like I can't breathe.

Does anyone else have this issue? What have you done to remedy it? Am I doomed to just not wear my strap....because I gotta tell ya, breathing is more important to me :wink:

Any feedback yall have is appreciated!

Replies

• coolhandhutch
    Options
    I use the same HRM- I'm on about my third Polar in 15 years- and love them. I wear the strap pretty loose, just enough to keep in contact with my chest. I usually don't wear sport bras and I have never had any restriction problems. Try going really loose- where it almost falls off. Do you have the completely elastic strap or is the one with the partial plastic front? Polar does make a few different types of straps and changing your current one out might help.