On and Off for over 17 years

Options
Ok. I am trying this new log in...I feel better using this. By 5pm, I usually want to exercise because I feel like I have ate like an elephant. I don't really believe the calorie counter, but I can say using the cabbage diet and eating veggies until I am stuffed is really
helping me get rid of belly fat. In the evenings I dance in my room for up to an hour. HIp Hop, R&B, Rock and Country.

Replies

• psanoja
    psanoja Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Well, the calorie count has helped me a great deal. You may want to reconsider that. A few years back I went to see this endocrinologist who specialized on getting rid of your body fat for you. He prescribed a low carb diet plus pills, and I lost close to 30 pounds in two months.
    I had to move and couldn't see him anymore, so I tried the maintenance diet. Guess what, it didn't work and I ended up with more pounds than when I had gone to see him. I tried Weight Watchers and went back into the low carb diet on my own, and nothing seemed to work for me, at least not consistently.
    A year ago or my wife told me about this site. Since I started counting calories I've lost and kept more than 25 pounds. And since calorie counting involves essentially eating less, I've managed to curb my appetite for good.
  • Pattersonc2
    Options
    WOW. OK...guess I'm a calorie counting girl...lol...thanks so much. :smile:
  • Pattersonc2
    Options
    haven't lost any weight for 2weeks but have not gained. Im going to have to do something else
  • waferzdog
    Options
    I've tried them all - hypnosis, diets, weight watchers, etc. Counting calories for me has so far worked the best. I am learning about foods, and making better choices. I love to eat, so I pay attention to calories and I am so surprised what I am finding. I don't really want to exercise at home (alone), so I walk at lunch. I did buy a Zumba game for my WII, now just need to figure it out.

Good Luck, I hope this works for you.
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    Options
    the starvation diets work for a while, but in the long run, they damage your body inside and then it affects your outside. the cabbage diet and all the other eat only this diets aren't healthy. You deprive you body of the nutrients it needs to function correctly. You can eat enough of everything and still lose weight. moderation and good nutrition is the best. Your body will tell you what it needs if you listen. drink lots of water spread out throughout the day not all at once. Hope this helps... :)
  • psanoja
    psanoja Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Following MFP is the only way to lose and keep weight off. No starvation diet, i agree.