You CAN defy genetics! (pics!)

Options
It IS possible to defy your genetics! In the first picture, most of that fat was just extra fat that I’ve put on over the years. But my whole life, I’ve had a gut. Even when I was young and fit, I had a little belly that always stuck out. Through lots of training, patience, and dedication, my belly is smaller than it has been my WHOLE life long. It’s a body part that I never thought I’d be proud of, but today I can say that I truly am!

x3wqau.jpg

Replies

• NewFitKeri
    NewFitKeri Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    great work!
  • darkmouzy
    darkmouzy Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Amazing!! You look great and such an inspiration because it's one my "unproud areas" as well right now thanks for this!! :)
  • Hungry_Tuna
    Hungry_Tuna Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your progress, you're looking great!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    t IS possible to defy your genetics! In the first picture, most of that fat was just extra fat that I’ve put on over the years. But my whole life, I’ve had a gut. Even when I was young and fit, I had a little belly that always stuck out. Through lots of training, patience, and dedication, my belly is smaller than it has been my WHOLE life long. It’s a body part that I never thought I’d be proud of, but today I can say that I truly am!

34sl3md.jpg
    Well you didn't "defy" genetics. You just worked hard and it's paying off. For most people ab fat is the hardest to get rid of and it takes some extra dedication for some. Good work though!

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • jeaninemckinney
    Options
    Thats amazing!! Look look great! I would be proud too! Keep it up!:flowerforyou:
  • laurastrait21
    laurastrait21 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    looks absolutely incredible. i know all to well fighting the battle of the pooch!!
  • beautiful_dream
    Options
    Great job! You can definitely see a huge difference :)
  • tkirkes
    tkirkes Posts: 121
    Options
    Congratulations!!! That's awesome!!!
  • kperk91
    kperk91 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the success!!!
    That's my trouble spot too
  • AprilRaineyBattle
    AprilRaineyBattle Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That IS awesome!
  • sassafrasy
    sassafrasy Posts: 113
    Options
    You look awesome. what workouts did you use to "defy genetics"?
  • debstanley4
    debstanley4 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Awsome job!!:flowerforyou:
  • TheAnie
    TheAnie Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    You look awesome, and such a short turn around period! What does your exercise routine look like?
  • DiamondEyes_x
    DiamondEyes_x Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    t IS possible to defy your genetics! In the first picture, most of that fat was just extra fat that I’ve put on over the years. But my whole life, I’ve had a gut. Even when I was young and fit, I had a little belly that always stuck out. Through lots of training, patience, and dedication, my belly is smaller than it has been my WHOLE life long. It’s a body part that I never thought I’d be proud of, but today I can say that I truly am!

34sl3md.jpg
    Well you didn't "defy" genetics. You just worked hard and it's paying off. For most people ab fat is the hardest to get rid of and it takes some extra dedication for some. Good work though!

IDEA Fitness member

Party pooper
  • tialynn1
    tialynn1 Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    Great job! That is definitely has been my problem all of my life. I am built exactly like my Mother and maternal Grandmother. I am still having trouble getting rid of it. That is the main reason why a lot of people haven't seen my weight loss, because most of it has been in my legs and I still have the belly.

what workouts did you use to "defy genetics"? I wanted to know the same thing. I have started doing specific abs workouts the last week. But, I was curious to if there was anything else.
  • tdaddybarlow
    tdaddybarlow Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Great job, Ally! Keep killing it, killer!
  • Slice1
    Slice1 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    You look great! Good job!
  • Secret_Agent_007
    Options
    Fantastic results! I'm so jealous
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    Great job! That is definitely has been my problem all of my life. I am built exactly like my Mother and maternal Grandmother. I am still having trouble getting rid of it. That is the main reason why a lot of people haven't seen my weight loss, because most of it has been in my legs and I still have the belly.

what workouts did you use to "defy genetics"? I wanted to know the same thing. I have started doing specific abs workouts the last week. But, I was curious to if there was anything else.
    It boils down to consistent calorie deficit and strength training to retain muscle that you still have. Ab workouts will strengthen muscle underneath, but don't really accelerate loss of fat around the mid section. You cannot spot reduce any area with exercise. It takes time and lots of patience.

IDEA Fitness member
  • allisonmrichard
    allisonmrichard Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I'll answer the questions, thanks. LOL...

It did take a long time. I actually owe a lot of the ab success to an aerobics instructor here on campus. She teaches step aerobics with ab intervals where we do lots of different kinds of sit ups and other ab work. I didn't really start losing dramatic inches around my waist until the 50 pound mark, then all of the sudden, it really started disappearing. So the whole "you can't spot reduce" this IS true. But I'm just happy because like I said, I definitely have had a "gut" my whole life. And now it's almost gone! It sucks to be an apple!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!