Lost 7 lbs. in 6 weeks

Options
I've lost 7lbs. in 6 weeks....I'm having mixed feelings:indifferent:

Who would say that is good. I think it's pretty good but feel like I should have lost more. Would any of ya'll up the intensity? or stick to the slow and steady. I feel happy but sad at the same time....maybe I'm just weird:laugh:

Replies

• jacmiley
    jacmiley Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    That is 7 pounds less than your were 6 weeks ago. ..

and you are being better to your body (exercising and eating right)

that's something to be proud of :smile:
  • jb_sweet_99
    jb_sweet_99 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    I've lost 11 pounds in 3 months, I'd say your 7 pounds is fantastic. They say a pound a week right? I say good job! You have to keep in mind too that you are probably gaining a lot of muscle and loosing inches. I was feeling the same way so I started measuring myself. I may have only lost 11 pounds, but that's 3.5 inches off my waist :bigsmile: and I wouldn't have realized that had I not measured. It's motivating, for me anyway.
    Great job though, keep up the good work :flowerforyou:
  • Valtishia
    Valtishia Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    From what I saw on your profile you have hypothyroidism which from my understanding makes it very difficult to lose weight. I would be very proud of your accomplishment so far and look forward with the thought that you are working hard for this even with your hypothyroidism working against you.
  • twilight1542
    twilight1542 Posts: 403
    Options

Who would say that is good. I think it's pretty good but feel like I should have lost more. Would any of ya'll up the intensity? or stick to the slow and steady. I feel happy but sad at the same time....maybe I'm just weird:laugh:
    My vote...there's no such thing as losing too slowly. You're losing & that's what matters. You should be listening to your body & doing what makes you comfortable. So if you feel ready to up the intensity go for it.. If you don't..don't. The idea isn't to lose fast, but to lose the weight & keep it off. If you go at it too hard you will burn out & give up. But if you listen to your body & do what you can the weight will come off & you'll be able to keep it off :)

Great job on your loss so far & much luck to you in the future :))
  • saretta71
    saretta71 Posts: 22
    Options
    You know, I don't care what doctors say that once your levels are fine you can lose weight. I swear, it is HARDER even if you are taking your synthroid (or whatever).

If you haven't already, I would invest in a HR Monitor (one that wraps around the chest) to see how much you actually burn. I was surprised because I was OVER estimating how much I was working out. Also, I know this site gives you "extra" calories on days you work out. You may not want to use them. It's like with Weight Watchers - you have the choice to use your extra activity points or not.

7lbs is GREAT! But if you want to lose weight faster you need to exercise more and eat less. Good luck! :wink:
  • ilike2moveit
    ilike2moveit Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    It's about a pound a week which is a healthy way to lose the weight. Congrats!
  • smelmel
    smelmel Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    i think thats great. i wish i could lose a pound a week. my weights been up and down my whole life and i think whenever i lose it really quickly and obsess about it it piles back on again, so slow and steady you'll get there!
  • nursegirl79
    nursegirl79 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    You know, I don't care what doctors say that once your levels are fine you can lose weight. I swear, it is HARDER even if you are taking your synthroid (or whatever).

If you haven't already, I would invest in a HR Monitor (one that wraps around the chest) to see how much you actually burn. I was surprised because I was OVER estimating how much I was working out. Also, I know this site gives you "extra" calories on days you work out. You may not want to use them. It's like with Weight Watchers - you have the choice to use your extra activity points or not.

7lbs is GREAT! But if you want to lose weight faster you need to exercise more and eat less. Good luck! :wink:

I probably need to eat less then. I do Chalean extreme in the morning, and areobics or jog in the afternoon for 1 hour 6 x week.
  • Lindsey83
    Lindsey83 Posts: 16
    Options
    7lbs in 6 weeks is great! It's almost a pound a week and that's a healthy weight loss. You should be proud of yourself! That's 7 lbs of weight that you are no longer carrying around!
  • bates
    bates Posts: 122
    Options

thats 1lb/wk. if I'm not mistaken that is the rule of thumb for weight loss.
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    At that rate you'll be down another 21 by christmas, and make your goal late next summer. And you're doing it right and slow and healthy and you'll know how to keep it off. I'd say you're doing super. :wink:
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: congratulations! that's a great start--and everyone loses at different rates.

the hrm is a big help. also you can set mini challenges for yourself to keep mixing things up and having the #s go down.

for ex: drink 1 extra glass of water each day this week
    try one new fruit or vege this week
    cut 50 cals from dinner
    etc etc
    it give you something to strive for besides a # on the scale.
    hth--and keep up the great work! :drinker:
  • nursegirl79
    nursegirl79 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    At that rate you'll be down another 21 by christmas, and make your goal late next summer. And you're doing it right and slow and healthy and you'll know how to keep it off. I'd say you're doing super. :wink:

Down another 21 lbs by Christmas....Yeah!!:happy:
    I didn't think of how much I would lose as the weeks add up.